+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quote help please

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar

Quote help please

HI, I dont seem to have the hang of the quoting here.

I go to the advanced tab, click on the "bubble quote thing" in the tool bar. Scroll down to copy what I want to quote and put it in the pop up quote box. Problem is when the post gets posted, in the quote box, it dosn't state who the original person who said the quote is. How do I quote so that the person whom I'm quoting is named above my quote. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks

HI, I dont seem to have the hang of the quoting here.
    This is me demonstrating what I dont get. In the quote, it dosn't say that the quote was originally stated by Apollonia, how do I get that?

The easiest way for you to do that is to make sure the first [ quote] tag looks like this:

[ quote=Appolonia] (without the space)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese
    See how easy it is?

Hi Apollonia. Maybe you can click on the reply button of the person you want to quote. You can also edit that quote with ......... Give it a try. There is also a thread on multiple quotes here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Hi Apollonia. Maybe you can click on the reply button of the person you want to quote. You can also edit that quote with ......... Give it a try. There is also a thread on multiple quotes here as well.
    Thanks John and eldee. I clicked on the reply button and the quote automaticaly came up on the response page with the =name thing that John suggested. Both work. Awesome, thanks guys.
    Inscribe zany quip here

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonia
    Thanks John and eldee. I clicked on the reply button and the quote automaticaly came up on the response page with the =name thing that John suggested. Both work. Awesome, thanks guys.
    Apollonia did it!

+ Reply to Thread