+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Just curious about "lingo"

I didn't know what IMO meant before but I guess now I get it now
    I use the "XD" smiley outside FoRT but how can the 200+ smileys here beat the ugly looking "XD" smiley
    ETA: Just went to Amanda's link and Also reminded me that "pPl wHo tyPe lYke dIs sHoUld diE" Anyone disagree?
    Last edited by lalol; 03-18-2004 at 03:33 AM.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    I didn't know what IMO meant before but I guess now I get it now
    I use the "XD" smiley outside FoRT but how can the 200+ smileys here beat the ugly looking "XD" smiley
    ETA: Just went to Amanda's link and Also reminded me that "pPl wHo tyPe lYke dIs sHoUld diE" Anyone disagree?
    I have two questions...one is to John or the moderators...would the smiley or the frownie be considered lingo? I use that in emails...I may have slipped a time or two here, as well. Although, I have to agree wtih Lalol, with the choice of smilies for every occasion right here on FoRT...I really don't need to use these.

My second question is to the young people on FoRT or anyone who knows....what is the meaning of typing in alternate capital and lower case letters like "pPl wHo tyPe lYke dIs sHoUld diE" -- is that some kind of lingo of the youth? My stepdaughter has her entire profile (not on here) in upper case/lower case alternating. I thought maybe it was some code or something, but I couldn't crack the code. Maybe I'm just too danged old.....

KC
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I think they just find tYpiNg lyKe dIs like some really cool font but they're SO annoying
    I'm just lucky nobody types lYke dIs here... or actually John will stop them in a heartbeat

I've gone so far as to change usernames when people have registered in alternating caps. Is that evil? I dunno. I just hate it.

You're doing the right thing 100% support that

I am so glad this site doesn't allow the use of 'lingo'....of couurse I stay up all night so I'm tired when I come here, but I actually thought that link was a joke when I first saw it....just horrible
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've gone so far as to change usernames when people have registered in alternating caps. Is that evil? I dunno. I just hate it.
    Welcome to the dark side!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm glad I've changed mine too.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Basically, your mileage may vary is another way of saying: what is given, be it advice, instructions, etc, given may not hold for the same results for your as it did for me.
    And here I was automatically letting my mind go in the gutter with YMMV (meaning, it was a reference to someone's errr "experience" level....)

Thanks for clearing that up.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

wow, I just found this thread. That site Amanda linked to is insane. I tried twice to read some of it, but it made my head hurt.

My twelve year old sent me an email

HI MOMMY AND DADDY! LOV U. DO U LIKE MY NEW SIGNATURE? L8R
    I replied with:

Hi Honey, I love you too. Your new signature is adorable. I have to ask though... why, knowing me as well as you do, would you EVER send me an email that included the lingo "U" and "L8R" and why, oh why would you type it in all caps?
    She hasn't responded yet She was standing right behind me as I typed it though.

Personally, since I'm an adult, I find it disrespectful to receive a letter with lingo.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread