+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another advertiser test

Another advertiser test

Once again, we're testing out a new advertiser for the next couple of days. If you get any pop-ups, or anything strange happening, please let me know.

Thanks!

FORT Fogey
    Ok, I just had a crazy thing happen to me... I was reading a thread in Current Events, and then I clicked the Fans of Reality TV link at the bottom of the thread, and all of a sudden, a bajillion popups kept coming up... they all had errors, but the address had google in the URL... I don't know if Stacy has gotten to us, or if it's just my computer I had to shut off my computer to stop the pop-ups... It was insane...

Has anyone noticed that the advertisers are from some of the bigger and well known companies?

Today I've had 5 pop ups. One asked if I wanted to continue the download (Um... No) and 4 told me I had a "bug", "problem", "something-pr-other" and I should click for more info. Again I declined, and I don't know if it has anything to do with advertising here or not as I have another window open, but it's a site I have open ALL the time
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Have you recently run a spyware removal program? Usually, those are lingering effects from a site you may have visited recently that put something bad on your system.

ahh. I did run the spyware thing pretty recently.

One problem I have here is that this used to be pretty much MY computer, but now my daughter is on almost as much as I am

I'll run it again later.

Thanks.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread