+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Sizing

Most forums have a 65x65 restriction, a few lucky ones have 90x90. We will never allow 150x150, it's simply too large. If I had my way, there wouldn't be custom avatars...

I don't care about file size - 30k is plenty for almost anything someone wants to do. I do care about size, though.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Most forums have a 65x65 restriction, a few lucky ones have 90x90. We will never allow 150x150, it's simply too large. If I had my way, there wouldn't be custom avatars...

I don't care about file size - 30k is plenty for almost anything someone wants to do. I do care about size, though.
    Why no love for the custom avatars?? I think they show our individuality

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    If I had my way, there wouldn't be custom avatars...
    I like the custom avatars because I now feel somewhat computer literate (didn't know anything about collecting images and sizing them before FoRT told me how to do it!). I really don't care about the size...the current size allowed here is enough to make interesting avatars, IMO. John, if you did away with custom avatars -- I wouldn't visualize you as Simon Cowell. I used to think that was you (never watched AI) until I saw a book with you on the cover in Barnes and Noble

Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

It's funny how we picture people as their avs... No, I don't look a thing like Micheal Chiklis

I think this size is perfect. Anything bigger seems almost obnoxious in my opinion.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I thought your avatar was Bruce Willis

I think the personal avatars makes FORT unique to the other message boards + the size is perfect. Its alot better than those tiny ones where you have no idea what the picture is and its better those those sites where the size is unlimited. I lurked on one of those sites the other day and was sick of seeing the avatars 3x larger than the actual message.
    I rather lurk than post.

(except for the Bruce Willis part)
    I lurked for about 6 weeks before joining and I knew Foggy was going to be my av. I'm a southern boy, Ah say I'm a southern boy originally from TN and Foggy represents me!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    (except for the Bruce Willis part)
    I lurked for about 6 weeks before joining and I knew Foggy was going to be my av. I'm a southern boy, Ah say I'm a southern boy originally from TN and Foggy represents me!
    I thought it was Bruce Willis too Unk, you lurked for about six weeks? I think I lurked for about six seconds before I joined....but then again, I really have a big mouth and can't shut up for the life of me....so I had to join and start posting. This board is the only one I use now...no popups, nice people, and cool avatars. Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Fan
    Oooh. I know Micheal Chicklis when I see him!
    Please don't ever take custom avatars away, John. They make users quickly identifiable, and the size is perfect: larger than most boards, but not too big.

I do care about size, though.
    Don't we all?

I have been to one or two message boards where the avatars were bigger. I have a fast connection, so there wasn't any load time, but I didn't like it. I thought they were distracting and (as cali said) obnoxious. I'm a pretty big fan of the size that we have and I think that it's one of the things that makes FORT unique.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I usually just Save the picture to my hard drive, then resize it with my Paint Shop Pro Program, save it, then upload.

I'm not sure if you can do this with the regular paint shop but paint shop pro is super easy
    I use Paint Shop Pro too and strongly prefer it over even advanced versions of Photoshop, even for advanced work on my own photos.
    Anyone who would like to try this program can use it for a 30 day free trial...its at http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/jasc.com

I agree, the size we are allowed is plenty adequate, this is not an 'artist's' website, it is forums about reality tv!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast