+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troll ban

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    I wonder what it would be like to be troll banned for a day. Wow, imagine all the work I'd get done!
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

With me being practically computer illiterate, I am afraid I will do something I shouldn't and not be aware. I'm counting on some of my friends to send a pm telling me to cease! Promise? I would be embarrassed for everyone to know I got a reprimand. *Why would I care since you don't know me anyway?* I have an inferiority complex you could cut with a knife.

You can do it Joe_Madre, just apply yourself.

There were a few people during Survivor Pearl Islands who were trolling or baiting and usually I ignore it but a couple of them just wouldn't listen to anyone else's opinion so I responded. (they're gone now) I suppose just remember "Don't feed the trolls."

(I don't know why people sign up here to troll since it is such a nice place, although I've done a bit of it at a few places where the people needed "talking" to)
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

If you see a post that you think is trolling, report it, the mods will take care of it as soon as possible.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    It would seem that you would get banned for breaking the rules and not from "defending" a reality TV person or stating your opinion. A lot of people do that anyway without getting banned.
    I don't know if I was clear. Someone posted that he/she was banned for defending a contestant on the American Top Model thread. That was not the real reason why that person was temporarily banned. He/she made it sound as it h/s was banned because of h/s support for a contestant and h/s didn't mention anything about breaking the rules. Of course that was not true because other people "defend" or state their opinion re: TV contestants and don't get banned because of that.

yes, people that get banned come up with a multitude of reasons for why they were banned. they usually forget to mention that they were exceedingly annoying and broke the rules.

Princess
    they usually forget to mention that they were exceedingly annoying
    Like my sig?

j/k

And Muduh, I can't imagine that you would ever be in trouble here .

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    You can do it Joe_Madre, just apply yourself.
    yeah a goatse link would go over REAL well in this community.....
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I don't know if I was clear. Someone posted that he/she was banned for defending a contestant on the American Top Model thread. That was not the real reason why that person was temporarily banned. He/she made it sound as it h/s was banned because of h/s support for a contestant and h/s didn't mention anything about breaking the rules. Of course that was not true because other people "defend" or state their opinion re: TV contestants and don't get banned because of that.
    The ANTM forum is really really screwed up with all these off topic posts

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't know why there is all the speculation over this. If you read the announcement at the top of the forum it tells the story of just one person who was banned. It also illustrates not everyone is who or what they seem. It had to be posted because people would not leave it alone. Rest assured that we do all bans after MUCH discussion back and forth.

If you are banned either way, it's because you broke the rules . Very simple . Usually it's because other members are pointing the posts out to us. ( Thanks for reporting those posts guys , it's makes our job easier.)

If anyone has questions, check our board rules here. John has spelled it out very clearly.

In a nutshell if you post like an idiot , deliberately tick people off, start threads over and over on the same subject , or are foul - we don't want you. We have enough members who are great to offset the losers we might have gotten rid of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast