+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways the FORT is supported

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    John, does the Amazon honor thing allow 100% to go to the FORT, or does that have a cut as well?

And if so, which one (PayPal or Amazon) lets more money get through?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The Amazon Honor System also has a cut, and in fact it's a quite a bit larger cut than PayPal's.

Maji, it would honestly cost me less if you used PayPal, as I internet-bank, and would have to mail in the check

But if you insist, you can get all my info by doing a whois on this site address.

John,

Did you receive my PayPal contribution?

Thanks!
    Hope

I did, thank you. I see I forgot to add you to the list, I'll do that right now!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I did, thank you. I see I forgot to add you to the list, I'll do that right now!
    No problem....just wanted to make sure you got it. Even though I work in this wonderful world of technology, I don't trust it one little bit.

Hope

On Hiatus
    Hey! I've been wondering this same question for a while now. Serves me right for only NOW coming to the "Announcements" section.

John, I'm po'. But while I am money deficient, I am time endowed. (Ha...I said endowed.) I work from home due to an illness so there are good times and bad, but I was a writer in a previous incarnation and if you ever need help with recaps on shows no one wants to watch, let me know. I'd be happy to go through whatever training with the staff you'd need me to or sample writing-like I said...I have a LOT of time. And I'd love to pitch in whenever I can.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Thanks for the offer, Angie! We're always on the lookout for people who exhibit the qualities we like to see in writers, and although it's usually by invitation when we have a need, I'll keep your offer in mind next time we need someone.

Support of the FORT

I think the FORT should do a member fund drive. This thread is hiding under announcements and many dont see it. (including me!) I had to hound John to see if the FORT needed support. (I was blind to the paypal logo at the bottom of every page also) Why dont you put it as an announcement on the top of all shows?

I get so much entertainment value from the FORT and am really glad I found it. I think everyone feels that way and would be happy to participate when they can, and if they knew how.

Paypal is very easy... I encourage all to do it, SUPPORT the FORT $$ -

The FORT has 9000 + members, just think if everyone gave $1 a month or $12
    That would equal $108,000 - the FORT would have bucks for technology, writers and dare I say Profit? I think John and staff, who work hard deserve to make a living at what they (and we ) love. The FORT.

Thanks to all FORT writers for such great entertainment!
    Definately worth paying for.

Thanks for the donation, Rumi! And for bumping this up.

We're working to try to come up with additional streams of revenue, without taking anything away from the current membership (we aren't in this for the money, and we want to continue to offer everyone a pop-up-free experience, with many extra options).

Right now, I'm exploring doing something with a recurring monthly account, which for a cost of $2 or $3 per month, would get you a @fansofrealitytv.com e-mail address with FTP access and a fairly large storage area, a double-sized PM box, and a couple of extra features (along with a designator of some kind near your avatar).

I made a donation. It isn't much, but it was all I could afford due to my changed work status.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast