+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways the FORT is supported

Hey John, I just thought I would bump this up because I was curious...the last time you told us how much the site was costing you out of pocket was back in April. Is it still $105 or did the price go up with our last upgrade?

No, we've moved a few times since then. The site now costs about $240 each month. The good news is that our advertising has helped take up the slack as well as we've gotten busier.

Every dollar helps, of course, and we'll never be able to retire on the income, but at the moment, it's not too bad - we've got a little extra to pay for software upgrades, etc.

John, I have a suggestion. Some FORT members have telephone contact with contestants. Those contestants have fans. What if they were to be asked to donate a personal item or something the viewers saw on TV for a FORT raffle or auction? After all, FORT promotes the individuals and the show they were on. It would benefit everyone.

Not a bad idea....

FORT Fanatic
    John, I wish there was a way to donate offline. I'm a college student, and my parents are pretty strict about my credit card use. Being able to send a check or money order would be a lot easier if it were possible.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Hi John,

I would like to make a donation. Where is this paypal link that you are referring to?

Thanks!
    dvm

Leo
    Premium Member
    The PayPal donation button is at the bottom of every FORT page.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    The PayPal donation button is at the bottom of every FORT page.
    Thanks !

Excuse my silly question.

Sorry for the confusion - it used to be at the top, and I moved it to the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    ......This uses PayPal, and about 97% of it goes directly to the FORT. Some have asked what a "standard" donation is, and I don't really have an answer for that, but in most cases, those who have donated have done so at around $20-25. But, even if you only want to donate $5, it helps.....
    Since I'm only going to make a small donation, I wouldn't want any of it to be deducted before reaching you. Would I be able to send you a check and you can keep it all? If so, how should the payable to line be addressed?

(That is a very nice picture you have of Gregory Hines. His passing was so unexpected and sad for his fans).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast