+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Smilies

I'm finding it very amusing to read old posts (and even some new) with the :rolleyes that no longer means anything. So...I was thinking (which I shouldn't do this late at night) that it would be fun to try to guess in advance what new smilies might be coming out and use THOSE in my posts so that someday my senseless :shudder would magically turn into a little shuddery smiley. Because I have often needed such a smiley.

On a more serious note, I appreciate the removal of smileys that are used to insult others. Now, if only we could remove the condescending language (Ummm, actually for instance, which is usually a cue that the poster is about to completely trash someone else's opinion)

Are the smilies messed up? Or am I truly going nuts?

eta: For example, I am seeing lildago's avatar for the thumb's up smilie -->

And the thumb's up shows up for hiya -->
    Last edited by veejer; 03-17-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

They look normal to me - that's pretty wacky, Veejer! Can you take a screenshot?

Edit: When you reload the page, does it still happen? Maybe you need to clear your cache entirely, then reload.

I have a feeling it's related to the move tomorrow, so I would wait until after we're relocated to worry about whether it's a problem.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-17-2006 at 11:41 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    eta: For example, I am seeing lildago's avatar for the thumb's up smilie -->
    I don't mind the ! It could be worse. At least I don't look like this...
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    They look normal to me - that's pretty wacky, Veejer! Can you take a screenshot?

Edit: When you reload the page, does it still happen? Maybe you need to clear your cache entirely, then reload.

I have a feeling it's related to the move tomorrow, so I would wait until after we're relocated to worry about whether it's a problem.
    Rats, I wish I had taken a screenshot. I've just confirmed everyone's suspicions about me being certifiable.

The first thing I did was clear my cache, cookies, everything I could clear. It was still wacky. But now hours later, after clearing everything again, it is fine. Who knows?

Lildago, your avatar was EVERYWHERE!!!! gets used a lot!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Sometimes if things are screwed up on a page, hitting Control+F5 will fix it. It re-gets the page from the server, not using your system's cache.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Rats, I wish I had taken a screenshot. I've just confirmed everyone's suspicions about me being certifiable.

The first thing I did was clear my cache, cookies, everything I could clear. It was still wacky. But now hours later, after clearing everything again, it is fine. Who knows?

Lildago, your avatar was EVERYWHERE!!!! gets used a lot!!!
    Okay, it happened again, only this time Queenb's avatar shows up as the clickable link to a quoted post, and Gutmutter's avatar shows up for cat.

: cat -->

I'll take a screenshot of my "previewed post" before I clear my cache and clear it all up. That way you all can see that I'm not totally nuts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Before you clear your cache, or if it happens again, hit Control+F5 first, and see if that helps. (on that page)

I noticed that whenever I edit a post, the smilie function isn't available. Is there a way to add smilies when editing?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Before you clear your cache, or if it happens again, hit Control+F5 first, and see if that helps. (on that page)
    Wow, that Control F5 thing has helped some of the screwy glitches that have been going on with my computer! Thanks!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast