+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Things that have changed in the upgrade 01/25

Princess
    Is it me or is the new layout a lot whiter?
    rav, I felt the same thing, but couldn't put my finger on what it was, then I remembered that the background (not of the posts, but everything around) used to be blue before. I think that it looked nicer that way, and was also "easier on the eyes" as you said. I figuered out what it was when I was in the Survivor forum and looked at the the top pic that Wolf made of the contestants. I was wondring why it didn't look as nice anymore, and then I realised that it was the white background that made it look bland .

Would it be possible to change it back to blue again, John?

PS: I found something I like - the quick reply window now has a good size .

Princess
    Ooops, I was 1/2 wrong about the background, and now I can't edit. The background is still blue, but on top of it is a panel that is white - don't think there was one before, or if it was, it was much smaller. Now we have the posts on top of a white panel that shows about 7 mm outside the posts on the sides (I believe that the posts were wider before, btw, it would be nice to have them wider - I don't need that 7mm white border on each side), the top pic of each forum is on this white panel, and all things below are also on this white panel. Could it be made blue instead?
    Another thing that makes it "whiter" is that the bottom of each post (where the buttons for reply and such is) is now white instead of blue.

I also wonder: wasn't there a little bit more distance between the sig-lines and the posts before? I was reading a thread now and found myself reading the signatures as well (very annoying). That never used to happen, so something must have changed there.
    Last edited by Modesty; 01-27-2004 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    rav, I felt the same thing, but couldn't put my finger on what it was, then I remembered that the background (not of the posts, but everything around) used to be blue before. I think that it looked nicer that way, and was also "easier on the eyes" as you said. I figuered out what it was when I was in the Survivor forum and looked at the the top pic that Wolf made of the contestants. I was wondring why it didn't look as nice anymore, and then I realised that it was the white background that made it look bland .
    Woo Hoo! - That means I don't need glasses!!!... or maybe we both do??

The more I log onto the site, the more I'm getting used to it. Overall the changes are quite good. Been lurking on other sites and this one by far has the best layout and colour scheme.
    Last edited by ravs; 01-27-2004 at 05:58 AM.
    I rather lurk than post.

Princess
    Could the changes possibly mean the end of all the server trouble, boot-offs and so forth in the wee hours (Eastern Time)? I am certainly hoping so!
    I always thought this was because the site is being backed up at this time . I can often not even get in at about 3-4am EST. John?

Yes, the site gets backed up and some maintenance events happen around 3:45am, and last for around 30-40 minutes.

I've now created a slimmed-down version of the navigation bar for the bottom of the page, and put it above the Quick Reply box instead of below it.

John, with all that you do and monitor, when do you sleep?

What is this "sleep" thing of which you speak?

Hmmm. I do this stuff between working during the day (I work from home, on a flexible schedule, so that helps). At night, I'm usually watching prime time shows, and MAYBE getting on-line during the commercials. I go to bed around 10pm, read for an hour or two, and get back up at 7 to start it all over again

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    rav, I felt the same thing, but couldn't put my finger on what it was, then I remembered that the background (not of the posts, but everything around) used to be blue before. I think that it looked nicer that way, and was also "easier on the eyes" as you said.
    It sure is a lot easier on *my* eyes. :cool:

I can read the new format just fine too, Jewls
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread