+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Things that have changed in the upgrade 01/25

John! I'm lovin' the new layout!

There were a few bugs when I first started up (pull-down menus, etc.) but it seems that they're working now.

I'll let you know if I find anything else, but overall, I love the new look! :cool: Thanks a lot!

(And yes, the "cool" smiley is now white, versus yellow.)

The avatars aren't any bigger. They seem to appear that way because of the new layout, for whatever reason. I compared the new to the old, and they're exactly the same. I believe it's because the old ones were "framed" with a border around that whole left panel.

We of course have some more playing around to do with the layout, and some colors to change up a little (buttons and default smilies, for example). But overall, the feedback from users seems to be good.

And good or bad, we really had no choice but to upgrade - we were running on a beta version of the software, and it was a little more buggy than I was willing to accept. So, like it or not, it's here to stay.

Wow John, I'm lovin' it! The pages seem to load much quicker - which is excellent for someone like me who has a super slow dial up connect.

In my one and only complaint, I have to echo Haejin in saying I too like the Currently Active Users bar at the top.

John, I love the new look, and am really grateful for the thought and work put into it, especially since you were gracious enough to ask for our input as well. Many a site owner would have just done what he or she thought looked best regardless of what *we* thought!
    Last edited by Texicana; 01-25-2004 at 04:39 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I think I am on the edge with the new format..........cant say that I love it..........cant say that I hate it. But change is good and if it was necessary, it was necessary. I personally like that you can delete your own messages. I have wanted to do that a couple of times.

I really like it. I think the many upgrades are fantastic.

haejin, what side bar do you mean?

Sorry all, I'm playing with fonts. I'll stop now
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, it's taken me almost all day, but I like the changes alot better since I've gotten used to them.

I like the change OK, except the new logo. I miss the old logo, it was more substantial somehow.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I like the new look, and will probably like it even more once I get used to the changes. Good job, John.

I have to agree with Tirlittan though, I like the old logo better.

Great makeover on the site, John! Not so extreme as to send me into conniptions, but with all sorts of new goodies to have fun discovering. I love the way "SpelChek" is spelled all messed up (it's like a drunk person doing an intervention).

I prefer the new logo to the last one, by the way.

Thanks a lot!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread