+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

John, the spelchek locked up when I checked a very long post. It's the one in current events taxes
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Unfortunately I have no control over SpelChek. It's a service provided by an outside company. All I do is provide the button...

hey,
    i was wondering if it wasn't too much if you could combine TOP model 1 with top model 2. Or like have a sub-folder inside TOP model 2 for top model 1
    Or like do the same with all the shows. Like click it then you can see sub folders for each season that you have

When I am writing a pm, the italic shortcut doesn't work. When I click it, it takes me to the top of the page, and does not insert the tags...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

DJ, some sites carry their forums over in successive seasons, and some sites start new ones. We're a "start a new one" site. When ANTM2 is over, we will merge it with the other forum in archives. And if there is an ANTM3 (please, god, don't!), we will start a new forum for it.

I am getting used to, and liking, the new format. Thanks !! One thing that would be great to have is the "Prev Thread | Next Thread" links at the top of a thread in addition to the bottom of it. Is this something that can be done or is it dictated by the new upgrade of the software?
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Wow, people actually use those links? I always forget which way "previous" and "next" are and end up not using it.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't know about people, just my personal preference Thanks John!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Princess
    I have 2 things that I would really like to see changed:

1) If I've read a thread and then new posts are being added, then if I click on the button to "read new posts" it will take me to the first post since I logged out last time rather than to the latest new post. It's annoying when the thread is busy to have to go through a bunch of posts to find the one that actually is the last unread one.

2) I wish that not all threads would automatically be marked read just because I've been visiting. Sometimes I just log in briefly to read a certain post or check a PM, but then I "have" to check out all other forums and threads that I'm interested in since I they will be marked as read when I log out whether I've read them or not, and then I might miss something I'm interested in next time I log in.

Umm.. hope that made sense, I fear I have a brief English breakdown today...

Keeping track of threads you've read is a cookie-based function. Your cookie expires after 15 minutes of non-activity, and at that point, all forums and threads are considered "read". I have no ability to change that, except to change the cookie timeout value. Which I won't do, because it also effects how long you stay in the "who's online" listing, and effects database performance.

+ Reply to Thread