+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

FORT Fogey
    Hmmmm... I've had no problems for a long time... strange

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I love this site, but these past few Wednesday nights have been a drag (literally ). I know when you have AI and Bachelor on at the same time, it consumes resources and things slow down, but I was curious to see if anyone else was able to be on here at all last night (or the last couple of Wednesday's). I couldn't get in again once booted off after the first few minutes of the program. This lasted for two hours last night (thinking that surely once AI was over, the log jam would clear for the final hour of the Bachelor-no luck). I finally gave up after the show was over.

Is it my home connection? I am computer illiterate (and blond) so what's up?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I think that was a wide-spread problem, ineedalife. There were just too many people on here for it to handle at times, I imagine.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The system went completely down for about an hour last night, after being overloaded by the Bachelor finale and the AI results show being on in the same time slot. Unfortunately, the server has its limitations, and those 2 events together definitely push the server to its limits and way beyond.

For those server geeks out there, we hit a server load of 990 last night (normal server load is under 1.5, and our "usual" primetime loads are around 3. So you can see we were severely swamped, and finally the server just rolled up into a ball and gave up.

Because of this, I'm going to see what I can do about splitting out to multiple servers ASAP. I still can't guarantee up-time during severe heavy business, but I can at least make it better.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Thanks John! Glad to know it wasn't just my neurotic need to hit the refresh button over and over again and locked up my own computer.

A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I didn't know where it was suitable to post this but sometimes when I'm browsing around pages, it goes to a page saying "Your IP address has been banned. Contact administrator..." but after a few times I press refresh it brings me back to the page I wanted to go...
    So is my IP really banned or is this just a problem ?

You're probably on a dynamic IP, which changes (through AOL or something similar) with each page load. And once in a while, you're catching one we've had to ban.

Oh, ok, because recently I'm always encountering this problem so yeah just wanted to know. Thanks

If you tell me what that blocked IP is that you keep running into, I'll remove it from the list.

Ok Thanks John

+ Reply to Thread