+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

When I click on "new Posts" at the top of the page, the page set-up is not correct and rather confusing.

Thread/Thread Starter = The title of the thread
    Last Post = Who created the thread
    Replies = Last person who posted
    Views = Number of replies to the thread
    Forum = Views (#) of thread

Also, when I logged in and entered my user name and then hit the "tab" key to advance me to password, it took me to the bottom of the page, not to password. Quick links was not doing anything initially, except taking me to the same page I was on, but now there is a drop-down, and it is working.
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 01-25-2004 at 01:53 PM.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Woohoo! So far I love it. I have not found anything that I do not like or can not adjust to easily. Seems pretty user friendly. I love the names in LARGE print! I love the spelcheck too!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Please post all bugs, suggestions for changes, and requests for things you'd like to see following Sunday's upgrade in this thread. Thanks!
    This doesn't have anything to do with the upgrade, but what would really be helpful for me (and I don't even know if it's remotely possible, but I might as well shoot for the moon since you're asking... PHEW!)

Here it is, a way to print out a thread. I do not have much time to read on-line and would love to be able to print some of the threads to read at my leisure. Printing is possible now, of course, if you go to each page and print the page and then it includes all the avatars, headings, etc.

I know it's a long-shot, but thought I'd ask

Thanks much!

Katkitty, if you click on "Thread Tools" in any thread, there's an option to "show printable page". This makes a nicely formatted printable page with all the posts in that thread. Good for recaps and stuff.

Pam, I'm seeing some of those same runtime errors, and trying to get a resolution on them. I think one of my modifications went awry.

BM, I'll take a look at those items you mentioned, too, and see if I can fix them.

Thanks, everyone!

Blue Meanie, I fixed the column headings in "New Posts".

I just tested the tab order on the login, and that is functioning correctly for me. Can you test it again, and if it's not working, let me know what browser and version you're using? Thanks.

The tab is working properly now after logging out and logging back in. The "New Post" also looks great. Nice job with the upgrade and new-look! It was all accomplished while I slept, so I didn't miss out on any down-time.

I'm really enjoying the SpelChek.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I've actually answered most of my own questions regarding the changes, I see that to mark an individual forum read you use the "Forum Tools" at the top of the forum page. I kind of miss having one at the bottom, but this is OK.

It seems a bit awkward to have to scroll past the Quick Reply box in a thread to hit the link to the forum you are in to return to the forum. Same with the list of users in a forum, it seems better at the top rather than at the bottom.

I like that it returns to the main page when you mark a forum read instead of the sub-forum. The SpelChek is nice too, I've already used it. Everything else looks great, there are some other features I glanced at that I'm going to check out.

(ETA: I see another feature I miss, the "Search" in each post to do a quick search for that users posts)
    Last edited by brusch; 01-25-2004 at 03:19 PM.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Brusch - click on a user's name above their avatar, and another menu will be provided

You'll like it, I promise

The "default" smilies are now back to the color they originally were.

John, it used to show who else was online but now I don't see it. is that feature still available?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

+ Reply to Thread