+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

Hee! I just had to edit my recap, because I said one of the guys was far less c-ocky than the others, and it showed up as [oops]y.

Aw, c'mon! That's a legitimate word!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

That' funny Amanda That's actually the word that Lucy first noticed it on.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Even better, I had pretty much figured out the [test] word, but was a bit flummoxed as to what word exactly caused the [oops].

Then I was reading Dagwood's thread in GD about how many dogs it takes to change a lightbulb, and found an entry for [oops]er Spaniel!

It's all clear to me now ...

I say we all PM John with suggestions for appropriate suggestions for the profanity filter. Sort of like Mad-libs. Instead of [test] we should see ..... ?

Crud. I hate it when I appear to double-post.

Modesty, I also subscribe to threads I have posted in. I find that I don't get as many emails as I had suspected. And it helps me keep up with things while I am at work. But sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll get three-four copies of the same post. I thought it had to do with folks who edited their posts, but that's not it.

It also was happening before the upgrade, so it's not a new bug.

As for the profanity filter ... John I was browsing old PMs and I came across one we dealt with a few weeks ago .. I had to laugh at the new subject line ... "What the [test] is wrong with this site?"

Er. Actual question. Where did the chat room go?

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Anyway, I've noticed two that I sometimes get 2 emails from the same post when I'm logged in (I got 2 from the post Nancy posted above) - could that be because they were edited (did you edit your post, Nancy?)? Also, when I'm not logged in I normally only get one email per thread, but occasionally I get two (have to check if they are also from the same post - didn't look at that before).

Nancy, btw, you can find the spelcheck-button in the "advanced" reply (I seem to recall there was some issue with having it in the quick reply?).
    Not that I recall, but then I was pretty tired that day. And gee, going advance I found my precious spel check button.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Princess
    OK, Nancy - was just a thought .

Just wrote a little story - let's see how it turned out:

"Herbie Hancock went to the hen house to feed the cock and the hens, humming to himself "selling cockles and mussles, alive, alive-o...". Coming back into the house again, he noticed his old cocker spaniel was looking at something on the floor. It was a cockroach. Hancock cocked his gun and shot the cockroach with one shot. At the sound of the shot, his cockatoo - which had been sleeping in its cage - woke up and looked at Hancock, its head cocked to the left. Hancock thought that the bird looked mighty cocky, but proceeded to made himself a cocktail and sat down to watch TV."

Dang, profanityfilter gone!

(ETA: I'm happy I didn't waste any time to try to fit the words "bibcock" and "ball cock" into the story, but I thought the idea of seeing "[oops]tail" was rather funny .)
    Last edited by Modesty; 02-12-2004 at 10:26 AM.

For some reason, my smilies dont move They stopped moving yesterday.

I need my dancing bananas!! lol
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Did you install any software yesterday? Change any settings on your browser? Turn on or off your firewall? Make changes to an anti-pop-up program?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Did you install any software yesterday? Change any settings on your browser? Turn on or off your firewall? Make changes to an anti-pop-up program?
    Thanks John!!

It was my firewall, but I don't know why it reset the animation controls, maybe because the site switched servers?

Now my buddies are back in business
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

+ Reply to Thread