+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

Dunno if this has anything to do with the upgrade...but it's a total buzz kill having the message that you can post only every 30 seconds when you're playing in the music thread...some of us are crack typists, ya know John
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's always been a standard setting, to avoid being flooded by malicious spammers.

FORT Fogey
    yes I agree it makes sense... I have been caught trying to do that a number of times now that I've gotten my new computer hooked up to the internet... before it was impossible to try to reply within thirty seconds of a previous post since the computer was so slow....

Is there any way to know when people have quoted you in their posts? There are times when I'll go into a thread and post, then I may not remember to go back to that thread again, and I wouldn't want people to think I've ignored their questions to me just because I didn't remember to go back to that thread.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fogey
    If you don't mind getting a ton of e-mails you can subscribe to every thread you post in

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    If you don't mind getting a ton of e-mails you can subscribe to every thread you post in

Yeah, I thought of that. It just seemed like too much work. I don't use many of the functions on FORT because I'm normally at work when I post and the computer at work is awful. It's slow, it freezes up, and it's almost completely black and white. (Pictures are all just blurs, including smilies.) So I stick to the basics of reading and writing posts. Tonight was my first time coming into this thread, and I'm amazed by all the great things you can do on FORT. You'd think after nearly a year posting on the site I would know more about it, but there's just not much I can do here on the sucky work computer. I'm gonna have to make some time to use my home computer so I can really check everything out.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I'm confused. Wasn't there a spell check button. Or did that just sort of disappear on me??? Maybe I just need more coffee to find it
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Princess
    I'm one of those who subscribe to threads I've posted in - I find it very convenient .
    Anyway, I've noticed two that I sometimes get 2 emails from the same post when I'm logged in (I got 2 from the post Nancy posted above) - could that be because they were edited (did you edit your post, Nancy?)? Also, when I'm not logged in I normally only get one email per thread, but occasionally I get two (have to check if they are also from the same post - didn't look at that before).

Nancy, btw, you can find the spelcheck-button in the "advanced" reply (I seem to recall there was some issue with having it in the quick reply?).

I'm not sure about the double e-mails - I don't subscribe to any threads/forums here, but I do on other vb3 sites and don't run into that...

The SpelChek is temporarily gone from the quick reply:

Page errors in Explorer

With the upgrade, was there an obscenity filter added to the pms? I feel rather silly asking, but the 'f' word and a few others no longer show up in pms (yes, we tested which ones did and didn't show up ). This was actually discovered when someone tried to send an innocent word to me in a pm that when shortened makes an obscene word. It shows up as [oops]. Just wondering.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread