+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Suggestions/Requests After Upgrade (01/25)

Princess
    I just noticed that when you put the cursor next to the right of a person's name in their post the cursor changes to a hand (i.e. something clickable), so I clicked and I got a list of options, like "view public profile", "send PM", etc. However this little feature doesn't seem to exist for those who don't have an avatar. Seems like a little bug to me . (Not that I care, I'm just reporting an observation...)

It's because the name of the user is displayed in a table, and the entire contents of the table are clickable, not just the username. If you don't have an avatar, then the table doesn't extend as far to the right.

Okay, kind of late to say so, but I don't care. I love the way the new search feature works! Cooooooooool!!!! Love the whole "idear" of it. The drop down box, the searching within the one forum. Suhweet. I couldn't find the thing I was looking for, but still! Yayy!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

The quick links menu is so handy. I actually haven't run into any bugs or problems, John. I am really enjoying the new & improved FORT!

I don't know if "who's online" was in the old system but it's kinda neat to see not only who's on, but what they're all up to. Like right now three separate people are replying to the controversial taxes thread in Current Events...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think pretty much everything I didn't like after the upgrade has been changed and everything works and looks great. Some of the new features like Spelchek and the various drop-down menus are a big improvement. The only thing still confusing to me is the colors of the page numbers and the arrows, it is hard to see which page of a thread you are on although with the arrow you know there is at least one more.

Thanks John for all of this!
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

John, I was wondering if anything could be done about the page numbers (to change pages at the bottom of the page) running way off to the side?
    Right now we have to scroll past the page we are using to get to the next/last page.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've noticed it only happens in places where there are high page numbers (3 digits). The only way to fix it is to reduce, site-wide, the number of page links that are displayed. I'll play with those numbers and see what works.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't know if "who's online" was in the old system but it's kinda neat to see not only who's on, but what they're all up to. Like right now three separate people are replying to the controversial taxes thread in Current Events...
    I am sooooo behind. I didn't even know we had this! Weird. Odd. And yet cool all at the same time.

Um...hepcat...your undies are showing.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've noticed it only happens in places where there are high page numbers (3 digits). The only way to fix it is to reduce, site-wide, the number of page links that are displayed. I'll play with those numbers and see what works.

LMAO I guess there are very few threads that fit that description

um btw.. join us in the Never ending party thread LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread