+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifespan of an inactive user.

Lifespan of an inactive user.

I was wondering how long a FORT member can remain a member if he/she hasn't either logged on or posted for awhile.

Depends. If they have a valid e-mail address, then until I get around to purging them, which I haven't done yet, so maybe forever.

If they don't have a valid e-mail address, and they haven't been here for a little while, then if they get an e-mail that bounces (for a PM, birthday, subscription e-mail, or whatever), I remove the account immediately.

Princess
    eldee, you mean that you are concerned that you aren't posting often enough?!

Modesty figured it out! Actually, I was deleting some old PMs and found that one person was no longer a member.

Well, we delete users for other reasons, not just bad e-mail addresses. Rarely, but it happens.

I was so addicted from the moment I started posting here that it's hard to believe there are people who only log on a couple of times and then leave forever
    Although it would be nice if the other member with my username would get purged so I could drop the 401 from my name
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I thought eldee was going to let us know how long we would live if we are inactive
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, he hasn't posted since around October so, maybe three months or so left to live. Don't worry though, I know first aid! I'll save you!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I was so addicted from the moment I started posting here that it's hard to believe there are people who only log on a couple of times and then leave forever
    It's true, SG....you ARE addicted!! I thought I was a pretty good contributor in here, but you have been a member 8 fewer months than me....and you have 4 times as many posts!! Eldee too! I guess you can consider me a veteran rookie compared to you two
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    It's true, SG....you ARE addicted!! I thought I was a pretty good contributor in here, but you have been a member 8 fewer months than me....and you have 4 times as many posts!! Eldee too! I guess you can consider me a veteran rookie compared to you two
    Nah, not everyone is a big blabber-mouth like me I'm doing better about lurking instead of saying every little thing that comes to mind though
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast