+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A minor annoyance

A minor annoyance

If this has been covered, please merge or delete.

Okay, how do I explain this? Say I go into a thread. I hit the little arrow button that should bring me to the new posts that have gone up since I last read the thread. Except what ends up happening is that I seem to get stuck starting off at the same post every single time I go back, despite the fact that I've read far past that startoff point already. Most of the time this isn't a real issue, except when it's a thread that has gone on for several pages, and I have to then forward through a ton of posts to get updated.

Did that make any sense? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

That happens to me too. I don't know any other way to only get to new threads other than hitting the "mark all forums read" button. The problem for me is it takes forever to get through everything I want to read, so I have to use the "view new posts" button if I go back to a forum before I've read everything else.

I don't know then if it is a bug or not; marking one forum read doesn't seem to get me to a new post, only marking them all read. I haven't found a way around it except going right to the last post or marking everything read. (I seem to be repeating myself )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

The same thing happens to me, Amanda. I figured it was just an anomaly, but sometimes it gets off by two or three pages. Then, I try to post and end up looking idiotic.

Princess
    It's annoying... but it's the way it's always been. That's why I log out & in when I've read all posts.
    I've noticed that if you stay inactive (not doing anything at all) on the board for a while (1/2 hr or so) it will be as if you had logged out&in as well. Unfortunately, then it will not even show you that there are new posts, or take you to the last post whether you have read the previous or not.

I've reported this, but they tell me this is the normal behavior, and not a bug. Even though it's not the way VB used to operate a few versions ago, and it sucks.

+ Reply to Thread