+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E-Mails

Lil Miss

E-Mails

I tried to set my options so that when I post something, I get an e-mail saying someone has responded to it or made a comment afterward so I can check up. So I check the box saying "yes" I want this option on, but it always goes back to no. Am I doing something wrong, is there something else I need to do? Does anyone has any suggestions?

senrik
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    I tried to set my options so that when I post something, I get an e-mail saying someone has responded to it or made a comment afterward so I can check up. So I check the box saying "yes" I want this option on, but it always goes back to no. Am I doing something wrong, is there something else I need to do? Does anyone has any suggestions?
    honestly I've never tried that, and when I do, I get the same issue.
    Its something john might want to look at.

If you check the box at the bottom of your post, it's a one-time setting, for that thread only. If you want to automatically subscribe to every thread you reply to as a default, that setting is in your User CP, in the options section.

senrik
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If you check the box at the bottom of your post, it's a one-time setting, for that thread only. If you want to automatically subscribe to every thread you reply to as a default, that setting is in your User CP, in the options section.
    I tried to set it as default, but after pressing 'apply' (or whatever it is) and go back to User CP it is shown as not being on.

Lil Miss
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Thats where I went, into the User CP and then to options and then checked the box and all. But it never stays like that. It is not a huge deal if it doesnt work, its just hard to remember exactly where I posted and everything to see who replied.

Back when I first joined I did get an e-mail message saying that I had a private message. So that did work, but I cannot get the e-mails saying there has been a reply to a thread I posted on.
    Last edited by Lil Miss; 11-15-2003 at 11:03 PM.

senrik
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    Thats where I went, into the User CP and then to options and then checked the box and all. But it never stays like that. It is not a huge deal if it doesnt work, its just hard to remember exactly where I posted and everything to see who replied.

Back when I first joined I did get an e-mail message saying that I had a private message. So that did work, but I cannot get the e-mails saying there has been a reply to a thread I posted on.
    I think I figured it out. the button for the default action is kinda flakey, it seems to go back off after you select it (the action still is active though)

On Edit: actually, now that I have it on, it refuses to turn off.
    Last edited by senrik; 11-16-2003 at 12:30 AM.

I checked the bug reports for this, and found one, along with a fix. I applied the fix just now. Let me know if you have continued problems with it.

+ Reply to Thread