+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Premium Member" Program

Princess
    Amanda!!
    Just wanted to say that I always find it so amusing that the little line under ones name shows up under John's "announcements". There was a time it said "Admin" - but now it says "Avast, ye hornswaggler!" (and there has been a few others before that were pretty funny taken out of the context).

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    A couple of people have PM'ed me wondering whether they can send me a check. The answer is "yes". Please PM me, and I'll give you my name and address, if you would prefer to use that option.
    instead of check.. how about cash ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Well, I never recommend mailing cash, but if it's the only option available to you, and you'd like to contribute to the site, I won't stop you. PM me for the address.

A money order is also a good way if you don't have a chequing account. They are a little pricey ($5 charge for them here), but they aren't as risky as cash. I think that's what I will do.

Well if you live by a Meijers they sell money orders for 65 cents.

and if anyone wants to send me cash I will gladly accept it
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

BTW, I enjoy not having to worry about deleting PMs in the folder so soon. Thanks John, it's a nice perk?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just want to say if anyone is at all concerned, that paypal is wonderful. I have used them for hundreds of transactions with no problems at all .

Bidpay.com sends out money orders for you . About half of the 5.00. I have used them many times too with no problems.

Signed up since I believe community usage means community support for the system we enjoy.

BTW, I strongly suggest a link at the bottom of each postbit (vb template) to the premium page explaination.... Or find some other way of making premium link available in many places on each page. I had to hunt high and low to find the info (within this announcement) since there is no other announcement showing on the forums I frequent.

Another idea I use on my site with paid subscribers (besides the perks) is a small icon next to their username. We call them member badges and there are several we allow our members to purchase...for various reasons. It does take some help to get it organized and situated but its made the world of difference in our paid subscriber membership numbers. The members all want those icons.

Kudos to you, John, and the crew at FORT for a job well done!

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I signed up, too. Well worth it, imho. Great site. Great people.

-Randy

Me too. Love this place.

damn its windy here.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    I signed up, too. Well worth it, imho. Great site. Great people.

-Randy
    “You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

+ Reply to Thread