+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Florimel, how are you getting to the reply box that has the unwanted quote in it?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do a cleanup of my files and a full virus scan once a week, but I may not have cleared cookies in a while. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

The two browsers I use are Firefox and Google. It happens in both.
    I've cleared out all cookies and browser history in both browsers, which seems to have solved the problem, at least for now. Thanks again for the suggestion.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Can someone explain how to delete certain INbox messages in my PM. I have put a check mark in the box of the one's I want to delete. I'm trying to clean up my Inbox. But, where do I go to click on Delete? I see at the bottom where it says empty folder, but when I click that it says Do you want to empty all the Inbox messages and I don't want to do that.

Check the ones you want to delete, then scroll down to the bottom of the page...there should be a box that says "selected messages" with an arrow. Click on that and it will let you delete, mark as read, move them, etc.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

My computer died and I just got another one to use and for some reason I keep timing out. I never had that problem before so not sure if I have some settings wrong or what. I had a rather long message the other day and lost the whole thing. Now I am typing outside in Word Pad and then pasting it in. Even today I have spent a good part of the day on this site and all at once I see I am no longer logged in and have to log in again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just checking to see if anyone had an answer for my problem. Several times today while I was logged on - name still appears at the top when I went to post it brought me to another screen and said I needed to be logged on or that I might not have rights to post, etc. When I tried doing that it gave me a message about being sure I wanted to leave the page. I just kept trying and eventually it took the post. Just can't figure out what is going on. Hopefully, this will post.

Others have had that problem in the past, here is one answer from earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We haven't had any updates or changes for a while that would be causing that, so it might be a browser setting. Make sure you check "remember me" (or whatever it says) when you log in. This has happened to posters before and IIRC, it ended up clearing up on its own. I'm sorry you're having problems.
    Clearing cookies once might help also, followed by logging in with the Remember Me box checked. Let us know if it still persists.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thank you MFWalkoff I did check remember me and I had nothing to clear (cookie wise) as this was the first site I came to when getting the computer. When I logged on today and tried typing inside the box and went to Go Advanced it took me to that same screen, but this time it had a different message which I can't remember exactly what everything said, but it did say click this to proceed and kept my message so that was a step in the right direction. The other times my message was gone. I will let you know if it goes back to taking away my message.

Sorry I didn't look back in the thread to see this had been addressed before. Again, appreciate you getting back to me.
    MFWalkoff likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

So You Think You Can Dance starts again next Wednesday (May 28th). Can we have the forum bumped up to Current Shows, please? Thank you!!

It'll get bumped shortly. Lots of shows ended this week and forums will be shuffled around..
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread