+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

I'll pass along the question about spell check but the other buttons are working for me, which makes me think it's probably your computer. Have you done the usual, quit out of your browser to restart it, cleared your cache?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Spell check doesn't work for me on the site because something on the work computer blocks it from working. I just use word and then copy and paste the corrected word to the post. I'm too lazy to figure out what the Help Desk has as settings...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3156467;
    I'll pass along the question about spell check but the other buttons are working for me, which makes me think it's probably your computer. Have you done the usual, quit out of your browser to restart it, cleared your cache?
    Yes, I did all that so I don't know, but it's working fine today. Thanks for your help.
    Susan

I keep getting stuck when I refresh the page. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

I just re-created my account with my new e-mail address because I switched to comcast and I can't create a custom avatar. With my old account, I was able to use my own picture (of Ric Flair) for my avatar but I don't see the option to do that. How come?
    ETA: Nevermind, I just saw my answer in another thread.
    Last edited by niles72; 01-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Am I the only one getting the Guiding Light pop-up every single time I go to a new page? I have my pop-up blocker activated and I still get it. Even weirder - if I'm on the site for longer than 15 minutes or so, it goes away.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I get it too. Very annoying, and the pop-up blocker does nothing to kill it. I usually only get it once or twice a visit, then it goes away.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i don't get any ads, nor does my pop up blocker notify me that it's blocking anything. not sure why, but i'm glad i'm not LOL

I am running Firefox 3.0.5 with Ad Block Plus installed. It's blocking 2 items but I'm not sure what they are (I'm not that tech savvy ) It may be the Guiding Light pop up.

I get it sometimes too... I think it's one of the "Roll Over" ads that expand when your mouse passes over it... Usually there's a close button in a bottom corner... This one has it in a funny place... This particular ad has a translucent frame around it and right inside the frame in the upper right corner is the close button... Technically, a pop-up opens it's own browser window, this is a banner ad that expands... It's just as annoying, but by definition, not a "pop up"...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

+ Reply to Thread