Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

test
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The little icon that says "Unlink" & the one for attaching photos are greyed out but the others seem to be ok.

It seems as though the issues is with some threads but not others. This one I can't post photos, over in the Non Reality Shows threads, I can't post photos. The Idol threads & the Face Off Threads I can.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I see those two icons "greyed-out" as well in this forum. I tried clicking on the photo, but it won't open.

This is also true in the advanced post screen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm not sure why it's doing that, but you don't need it to post images. All you have to do is paste in the URL of the image on your photobucket or other hosting site and VBulletin will display the image. If you're uploading from your own computer, use the Manage Attachments function in the Advanced Reply screen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm not sure why it's doing that, but you don't need it to post images. All you have to do is paste in the URL of the image on your photobucket or other hosting site and VBulletin will display the image. If you're uploading from your own computer, use the Manage Attachments function in the Advanced Reply screen.
    Well that works, but it sure is full of steps. Once I fingered it out though, I fingered it out for good.

I don't know that it's that many steps. If you're hosting the image somewhere you have to do those steps before you get here. The other way allows us to host the image. Since we don't allow hotlinking, you do have to do some work to post images here.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm having problems with posting, and I don't recall changing any settings. What's happening is that there appears to be some quoted material in my reply box. I've already posted that quote, but it does not go away. I have to manually delete it when I want to reply to a post, and "reply with quote" is really bad. It will allow me to fashion a reply with a quote, but I have to delete the old quote first, and even then, if I try to preview post and submit reply from there, all that goes in is the old quote. Edit post doesn't work, nor does posting that old quoted material again and then deleting it.

I cannot find any method of get rid of that old quote although I'm very computer literate. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm assuming you tried clearing cookies and logging out/back in, all that good stuff? Does it happen in different browsers or just one?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I do a cleanup of my files and a full virus scan once a week, but I may not have cleared cookies in a while. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

The two browsers I use are Firefox and Google. It happens in both.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread