+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Thanks! I'll try it!

I'm finally trying to use my new laptop (though I Hate it!). I keep getting advertising pop-ups on this site. I've never had that before. How can I shut them off for good? Also, I find certain words underlined in blue. What for?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm finally trying to use my new laptop (though I Hate it!). I keep getting advertising pop-ups on this site. I've never had that before. How can I shut them off for good? Also, I find certain words underlined in blue. What for?
    What browser are you using? For IE on windows 8 I found this site from Microsoft.
    Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker: frequently asked questions

For google chrome there is a free extension called 'adblock' and for Firefox type in a search for Firefox extensions and find an add blocker for that browser.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When I post using my iPad I can't see any of the features when I click "Go Advanced." Does anyone else have this issue?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I am so happy! DH and I were going out for lunch to a nearby restaurant that was featured on Restaurant Impossible and stopped at Best Buy to tell Customer Service that we were very unhappy with Windows 8 and we found on Best Buy internet store that we could get my laptop with the 17 in. screen (the 15 in. was too small) and in Windows 7 and his new desktop tower in Windows 7 online for about the same as we paid for our new, much hated, systems. They said we could return the Windows 8 systems within 15 days and TODAY was day 15! Yippie! We went home and packed up my laptop and his desktop and took them back for full credit! We will order the new systems online and get Windows 7 and live happily ever... well, for a few years.
    Cornholio, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    When I post using my iPad I can't see any of the features when I click "Go Advanced." Does anyone else have this issue?
    Meaning the smilies menu and stuff? Yeah, my iPad has always not had that available -must be an iPad/Apple thing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I am so happy! DH and I were going out for lunch to a nearby restaurant that was featured on Restaurant Impossible and stopped at Best Buy to tell Customer Service that we were very unhappy with Windows 8 and we found on Best Buy internet store that we could get my laptop with the 17 in. screen (the 15 in. was too small) and in Windows 7 and his new desktop tower in Windows 7 online for about the same as we paid for our new, much hated, systems. They said we could return the Windows 8 systems within 15 days and TODAY was day 15! Yippie! We went home and packed up my laptop and his desktop and took them back for full credit! We will order the new systems online and get Windows 7 and live happily ever... well, for a few years.

Good for you Punkin. I had a guy come in and set my windows 8 up, to look just like windows 7. When my DIL came in, she even said oh lucky, you still have windows 7. We got rid of the damn things I hate on W8.Some things I enjoy though.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Meaning the smilies menu and stuff? Yeah, my iPad has always not had that available -must be an iPad/Apple thing.
    Yes, the smilies flash very briefly and then they disappear. I can't access any of the features on the advanced menu. I wanted the ipad so badly and then found out many videos and cams use flash, making it useless in those instances. I guess my laptop won't become obsolete just yet, lol.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Does anyone know why the ability to attach photos is grayed out & not available? Am I being punished or is it the same for everyone?

You're certainly not being punished. I don't see anything different on your account...is anyone else having issues with attaching pics?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread