+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why am I NOT having these issues?

You guys are paying for untold sins!
    Some things are worth paying for then....

Well today we have slowed to the point of almost unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why am I NOT having these issues?

You guys are paying for untold sins!
    I agree Prhoshay!! Nothing slow here.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Geez.....and I'm the one who needs a new computer! I wish all of you having difficulties better luck. My toy is 13 years old.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well today we have slowed to the point of almost unusable.
    Like I posted upthread, we're sorry about the slowness some of you are experiencing, but there's nothing we can do about it. If you'd like to PM TVG_Frey with specifics about what you are doing when it slows down, which thread you are in, your browser and version. Beyond that, posting in this thread doesn't really do anything. We're aware of the problem. If TVG can't pinpoint what's causing it (and there seems to be no reason for the slowdown, unless it is the aforementioned spam filters, which aren't going anywhere), they can't fix it.

Because it's not displaying this problem for everyone, it's likely something to do with browser settings or maybe, as we experienced previously, virus software settings. We really don't know. The servers are running exactly as they should and Frey can't duplicate the problem, other than noticing a slight slowdown when the spam filters are on.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Since this is no longer a problem thread I'd like to point out that there is a big opportunity for someone to speed the site up.

What browser/virus software do you use?

This is a problem thread, but Frey can't do much without specifics.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

It is slow whether I use IE or Firefox or Safari on my IPhone. And this is the only site I experience this on.

Like I posted upthread, TVG can't do anything unless they have more specifics. You can PM TVG_Frey to tell him what version of browsers you're using, what specifically you are doing when the slow-down happens, etc. If he can't duplicate the result, he can't figure out what's causing so he can fix it. This is still a thread to report problems, but no one can fix these problems without more information. Just complaining without more data doesn't help.

Also like I posted upthread, some of the slow-down may be connected with the spam program we use (although we've been using it for quite some time and the slow down has been much more recent) and that just won't be going anywhere.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Sometimes when I try to come on this site, I get some Adobe installer popup. Or I get redirected to this:

page.jpg

Sorry if it's been asked before, but, why?

+ Reply to Thread