+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;3127857;
    Hmmm, my ability to make comments on visitor's pages and blogs have not worked for several months. No icons, no nothing since about the middle of Bachelor Season 12.

Plus, I have been problems lately with a page I am viewing (no specific page) trying to reload and reload over and over again. If I look back at the page history (using the drop-down triangle to the right of the back/forward arrows in IE7) the history shows that several (100's!) of ad pages are trying to load. I can click on the red X (stop), and try to go back the ads will try to load again. Sometimes this turns into hundreds of pages trying to open up.

FYI - I am running a firewall, antivirus software, and anti-spy/adware. Plus Windows Vista Defender is on.
    Same thing happened to me a couple of nights ago...maybe Tues. or Wed. and I noticed it in the Bachelorette thread too.

It would take forever to load a page and if I looked down in the lower left corner above my start icon, I was seeing tons and tons of weird sites. It would also freeze up the pages and was very difficult to even go to the next page.

After that first night, it was still doing it, only in different threads here. It was only happening in the FORT too; not on other sites I frequent such as EBay, MySpace, etc.

Last night I finally ran Spybot and it seems to have cleared things up (or at the very least I got rid of a lot of crud! )

I use Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG and have popups blocked (although I did get a Snickers one here on FORT today). Is this adequate protection or should I be doing other scans to keep my computer as clean as possible?

(I do update Windows, defrag, etc. as well)
    Ended

ETA: Hmmmm I have no idea why the word ENDED ended up at the end of this post. I certainly didn't type it in!

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3128939;
    Same thing happened to me a couple of nights ago...maybe Tues. or Wed. and I noticed it in the Bachelorette thread too.

It would take forever to load a page and if I looked down in the lower left corner above my start icon, I was seeing tons and tons of weird sites. It would also freeze up the pages and was very difficult to even go to the next page.

After that first night, it was still doing it, only in different threads here. It was only happening in the FORT too; not on other sites I frequent such as EBay, MySpace, etc.

Last night I finally ran Spybot and it seems to have cleared things up (or at the very least I got rid of a lot of crud! )

I use Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG and have popups blocked (although I did get a Snickers one here on FORT today). Is this adequate protection or should I be doing other scans to keep my computer as clean as possible?

(I do update Windows, defrag, etc. as well)
    Ended

ETA: Hmmmm I have no idea why the word ENDED ended up at the end of this post. I certainly didn't type it in!
    The Snickers must have put it there
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

FORT Newbie

Hi everyone....I'm trying to get a blog published. The "publish on" option is on the (post to your blog) page. I don't want to post to it, I want to publish it as it is. I'm done editing. I keep getting a ...not enough characters message.

Am I making any sense?

FORT Newbie

I got my blog posted but I had to paste the draft into the "post to your blog" section. Now there are two entries that are the same. I'm not sure if it looks this way to the public.

Also the smiley functions are disabled. I noticed other blogs with the same problem.

Also, I have an image on my blog and it appears when you go to the general section for blogs but the image does not appear from my homepage if you just click "blog."

I had page loading problems this morning. I could get to Fort but when I clicked a thread it wouldn't load. It seems to be going smoothly now.

That's been happening to me as well. It will just hang for a while and I usually just close the window and open a new one. I've cleaned everything, cookies, ad-ware and it usually works better after that but sometimes it just does that. I assume it's due to traffic on the site.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I still cannot post comments on blogs or visitor's pages although I see that other people can.

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;3143704;
    I still cannot post comments on blogs or visitor's pages although I see that other people can.
    John posted this reply on July 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by John;3124192;
    Visitor messages have been disabled, until we can get a process in place to be able to have staff monitor them to ensure they comply with the site rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3143785;
    John posted this reply on July 10th.
    How come I am seeing some people able to post though? If the ability to post comments is truly unavailable, how are people able to do it on 7/17 and 7/23?

for examples, see below:

Recent Comments
    That rusted rhinestone tiara doesn't fit me!
    Well said, Kasha.

It's fun to make friends and discuss a reality show that entertains.

I've done the obsessive and done the observer. There is reality and then there is reality tv.

I go into every encounter thinking of a new friend. Yet, I am now more careful.
    Posted Yesterday at 04:46 PM by jelle

and this one

That rusted rhinestone tiara doesn't fit me!
    So very well put!!

There is reality and then there is escape.

There is hype and there is truth.

~Doctors Without Borders~

Posted 07-17-2008 at 05:23 PM by White Orchid
    Last edited by aanjheni; 07-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Why isn't the spell check feature working? Also, cannot click on any of the provided icons, (quote marks, links, etc.) Is there a problem with all of this? I have had to copy all of my posts to Word to simply do spell check. I had downloaded your version of spell check several months ago, and until today was able to use it successfully.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread