+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

I'm having no trouble accessing the board, but when I reply in threads, I often get a popup box giving me the choice to Leave Page or Stay On Page, which means that whatever I typed isn't going to be posted. When I click on Leave Page, my post isn't posted and I get this message:

"Access Denied! Your IP address is blacklisted due to reports of malware, viruses, and/or spam originating from this address."

I'm quite anal when it comes to protection, in fact I have no less than 3 malware/virus utilities running at any given time. Am I a bad boy and don't know it?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

MFW - put your IP through the search on this site: The CBL

Several posters have had this problem in the past. If you're on their list - and I think they tell you what the problem is - you just have to fix the problem (is there is one) and contact them to be removed from the list.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks! It says my IP is listed. I'll have to sort thru the gobbledeegook to see what they're saying the problem is...
    Critical likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm having no trouble accessing the board, but when I reply in threads, I often get a popup box giving me the choice to Leave Page or Stay On Page, which means that whatever I typed isn't going to be posted. When I click on Leave Page, my post isn't posted and I get this message:

"Access Denied! Your IP address is blacklisted due to reports of malware, viruses, and/or spam originating from this address."

I'm quite anal when it comes to protection, in fact I have no less than 3 malware/virus utilities running at any given time. Am I a bad boy and don't know it?
    I had this problem a few months ago, came here, asked the question and got ignored! I got this message when I, initially, tried to log on from my cell phone. Eventually, the problem just disappeared; I still get the message every once and a while, but only when I'm trying to use my cell phone. It does't happen very often.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, sorry you felt like you were ignored. Did you PM a mod for help? Sometimes there are so many posts we just miss some. If you have the problem again, you need to go to the site I posted above and input your IP. Unfortunately, this isn't a problem we can fix for you. We can only send you to that site for more info.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I've been running anti-malware drills on this sucker for a week since the problem started happening, so I think I already got rid of the botnet problem they described. I requested delisting for my IP, and things seem to be fine now. Fingers crossed.
    Critical and TripleGemini like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I am having the same problem.... after trying to send a post... the message if I want to leave this page or stay pops up. It happens from time to time. But, today, it has happened with each and every post.

I am even having problems with sending a PM.

I will check with the link given to see if it helps....

Same here- I'm here. Keeps asking me if I want to leave this page after each post.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That's a browser thing, not a site thing. I get the same message on Facebook.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

It happens to me sometimes. I believe the post is submitted when that pops up anyway.

+ Reply to Thread