+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    We need some help in the Face Off forum!!

The discussion thread for this week's episode (10/09) is mistitled. The episode title is "Who's the New Who?". Junkyard Cyborg is next week's theme. Could somebody fix the thread title for us, please? Thanks!

Here's a link to the thread in question:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-spoilers.html
    Fixed!

Florimel, I'm not sure what would be causing that. If it keeps happening we can ask TVG_Frey about it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Fixed!

Florimel, I'm not sure what would be causing that. If it keeps happening we can ask TVG_Frey about it.
    Yes, it keeps happening, and I've noticed that it's showing up when I read other people's posts as well. A simple word or phrase, such as "win" or "business," turns into a hyperlink. When you hover the mount over it, a popup window shows up promoting something. I've never tried following those links. If it's happening only to me, I wonder if the problem could be in my settings. I doubt if it's my browser settings since I come here through three different browsers.

It's not that big a deal since I don't follow the links, but I thought I'd pass it along and I wonder if it is happening only to me.

Thanks,
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Administrator Tire Toss Champion TVG_Frey's Avatar

Hi,

This sounds like some sort of malware or virus on your computer. I would have your local computer person check it out, as it has nothing to do with the site.

Everytime someone clicks on one of the links that are being promoted, somebody in a dark basement is making money off you.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, it keeps happening, and I've noticed that it's showing up when I read other people's posts as well. A simple word or phrase, such as "win" or "business," turns into a hyperlink. When you hover the mount over it, a popup window shows up promoting something. I've never tried following those links. If it's happening only to me, I wonder if the problem could be in my settings. I doubt if it's my browser settings since I come here through three different browsers.

It's not that big a deal since I don't follow the links, but I thought I'd pass it along and I wonder if it is happening only to me.

Thanks,

I cannot give you any specific advice on how to remove it, but this article describes something close to what you're experiencing:

How To Remove Text Enhance Spam And Malware/Adware Hover Text Links |

Quote Originally Posted by TVG_Frey View Post
    Hi,

This sounds like some sort of malware or virus on your computer. I would have your local computer person check it out, as it has nothing to do with the site.

Everytime someone clicks on one of the links that are being promoted, somebody in a dark basement is making money off you.

I ran two virus programs earlier today, Malware and Avast Antivirus and nothing showed up. However, those were quick scans and I'll fun full scans later tonight. I always have protection running and do a scan and drive clean weekly, but it never hurts to check. I brought it up here because so far, this is the only site where this has occurred.

Thanks for your advice and I'll check that link, tvg_frey.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've been getting access denied address has been blocked messages when I try to post on here. It happened suddenly and without warning starting last week. The only way I can post here is to come through a proxy website. I otherwise have no problems coming here and reading. Did you change some settings somewhere?

I suspect you are being blocked because the IP you are coming from has been reported as one that is spreading malware, viruses or part of a botnet. If you goto What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address and let me know the IP, I can verify this for you.

If I verify that your IP is part of these activities, its very possible that your computer has been compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I've been getting access denied address has been blocked messages when I try to post on here. It happened suddenly and without warning starting last week. The only way I can post here is to come through a proxy website. I otherwise have no problems coming here and reading. Did you change some settings somewhere?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I tried to log on from my new cell phone, was denied, and told my name had been blacklisted. Never seen anything like that before; no problem logging on from my computer. I could log on from my old cell phone (Blackberry). Help!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    199.168.48.35 is my IP address.

It's also shared with my phone and lap top computer and neither of those have any access denied issues. Is there a setting in my desk top computer that could be a problem suddenly? This literally just started happening like last week.
    Are you okay to put that in the post.I would have PM them . jmho of course.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I tried to pm it but because of the access denied issues I was unable to PM it as well. I couldn't sit around on my lap top as it's not a recreational lap top and frankly typing on my phone is next to impossible.

+ Reply to Thread