+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    As Critical said, the problem isn't the size of the avatar. It seems to be the location of the arcade trophies. If you have one, it sometimes messes up how your personal information displays. I haven't figured out what to change on my computer to make it appear correctly. There must be something since it's fine on my home computer but messed up on my work computer.

I'm going to try removing my location information and see if that helps.
    Sure and its true... Critical did say it hasn't anything to do with the avatars. I had only mentioned that I got rid of mine to say that since its gone... so is the other problem. Then how do we get rid of the trophies?

Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No, I cannot see it nor can any other staff member as far as I know. None of us logs on any differently than any other site member. If it's not happening for a large number of members, it's not a site problem (vs. a browser problem). If it was, we would be able to duplicate it.

This isn't a site issue, so we don't know how to help you. It doesn't have anything to do with avatar sizes. We have max av size limits that have never changed. My advice is to make sure you've got the most recent update of whatever browser you're using and to check out various settings to see if anything stands out.

Maybe Frey has some insight about this....
    I am pretty sure it's a browser problem, because I have had that happen at work, but not at home and not on Safari.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I use Internet Explorer on both computers. I haven't checked to see if they're the same version.

The one here at work is Internet Explorer 8.0, version 8.0.7601.17514.

I used to use Google Chrome but had to stop because it takes so darn long to open. It can take 20 to 30 minutes to start working after I click on it. I tried looking up help for it online and a lot of people were complaining about the same problem. It's funny because I originally switched to Google Chrome because it used to be so much faster than IE!
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I use Internet Explorer on both computers. I haven't checked to see if they're the same version.
    I too use Internet Explorer... NOT the same versions though. And this problem just started for me.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Interesting...I just tried using Google Chrome and it's not slow to load on my work computer as it is on my home computer. It fixed the problem with the trophies, too, so apparently the problem must be with a certain version of IE. I'm guessing my home computer must have a different version of IE. Or it's gotten an update that our work computers have not.

We have to use an older version of IE at work because the web site we do our timesheets at is not compatible with Chrome or the newer versions of IE.

I'm home now and my version of IE here is 9. So that must be the problem with my browser at work. Once our office lets us update our browser, that should fix the problem on that computer.

Strange that I'm not having that problem today. And I haven't done anything difference. Same browser.

At least the problem some how fixed itself... Its nice to be able to read a post.. instead of guessing. *wink*

This is something I noticed just today. When I am key in a post, certain words or phrases, such as "opinion" or "customer service," seem to put in an automatic link to a popup. I've never had that happen before. Is this something new and does any know why it's happening or how to avoid it?

Thanks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We need some help in the Face Off forum!!

The discussion thread for this week's episode (10/09) is mistitled. The episode title is "Who's the New Who?". Junkyard Cyborg is next week's theme. Could somebody fix the thread title for us, please? Thanks!

Here's a link to the thread in question:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-spoilers.html

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This is something I noticed just today. When I am key in a post, certain words or phrases, such as "opinion" or "customer service," seem to put in an automatic link to a popup. I've never had that happen before. Is this something new and does any know why it's happening or how to avoid it?

Thanks.
    Were you logged in? This has happened to me on forums in the past where I was visiting as a guest.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread