+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Problem / Question

If I see that message, I copy my attempted post then log back in and paste it in a new screen. First, however, I make sure it didn't post with my fresh log in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why don't I have all of these bizarre problems that all of these people complain about??? I almost feel left out!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why don't I have all of these bizarre problems that all of these people complain about??? I almost feel left out!
    Do I smell.... FAVORITISM?????????

I have tried bribing...um... offering sweets to Critical... but that doesn't work... she just ignores me.

I responded just today! Look upthread a few posts. Like I said, unless we can duplicate it, we can't fix it. Frey has checked and the spacing issues aren't to do with the site. The issues with being logged out are usually something with your browser/cache and not an issue with the site.

The standard answer with being logged out it to a) make sure you're checking "remember me" or whatever it is when you log in and b) to clear your browser cache. Normally, you get about 15 minutes before the site logs you out due to inactivity.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I responded just today! Look upthread a few posts. Like I said, unless we can duplicate it, we can't fix it. Frey has checked and the spacing issues aren't to do with the site. The issues with being logged out are usually something with your browser/cache and not an issue with the site.

The standard answer with being logged out it to a) make sure you're checking "remember me" or whatever it is when you log in and b) to clear your browser cache. Normally, you get about 15 minutes before the site logs you out due to inactivity.

Thank you Critical for your response(s).

Sooo.... are you saying YOU do NOT see what some of us are seeing then? Like you're post above.. I can't read some of it because your information is ontop of some of your comment.

And oddly enough... MY information was never blocking any comments... and as of today... it is. I got rid of my avatar and removed my location just to NOT block comments.

Could it be IF a person's avatar is too big and is posting in a certain thread... that it makes everybody's information in that thread... get in the way of a post?

IF you're NOT seeing this problem... is it because you log in a different way because your a mod?

I'm sure I'm making NO sense... but there has to be a way to fix it. IF we only knew the what/where/why...

OK... going back to posting... I "sorta" make sense then...
    Last edited by I'm here; 10-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Every now and then the info under ones avatar is in their post. It isn't there today, but yesterday it was. I couldn't read the post.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Thank you Critical for your response(s).

Sooo.... are you saying YOU do NOT see what some of us are seeing then? Like you're post above.. I can't read some of it because your information is ontop of some of your comment.

And oddly enough... MY information was never blocking any comments... and as of today... it is. I got rid of my avatar and removed my location just to NOT block comments.

Could it be IF a person's avatar is too big and is posting in a certain thread... that it makes everybody's information in that thread... get in the way of a post?

IF you're NOT seeing this problem... is it because you log in a different way because your a mod?

I'm sure I'm making NO sense... but there has to be a way to fix it. IF we only knew the what/where/why...

OK... going back to posting... I "sorta" make sense then...
    No, I cannot see it nor can any other staff member as far as I know. None of us logs on any differently than any other site member. If it's not happening for a large number of members, it's not a site problem (vs. a browser problem). If it was, we would be able to duplicate it.

This isn't a site issue, so we don't know how to help you. It doesn't have anything to do with avatar sizes. We have max av size limits that have never changed. My advice is to make sure you've got the most recent update of whatever browser you're using and to check out various settings to see if anything stands out.

Maybe Frey has some insight about this....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks again Critical.

Since I've taken off my avatar and location information... the problem for me is gone. Now I just feel naked...
    *covers self*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

As Critical said, the problem isn't the size of the avatar. It seems to be the location of the arcade trophies. If you have one, it sometimes messes up how your personal information displays. I haven't figured out what to change on my computer to make it appear correctly. There must be something since it's fine on my home computer but messed up on my work computer.

I'm going to try removing my location information and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    As Critical said, the problem isn't the size of the avatar. It seems to be the location of the arcade trophies. If you have one, it sometimes messes up how your personal information displays. I haven't figured out what to change on my computer to make it appear correctly. There must be something since it's fine on my home computer but messed up on my work computer.

I'm going to try removing my location information and see if that helps.
    Yours is fine today.I couldn't read it yesterday as all the info was in your post
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread