+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Your posts are formatted fine in this thread. Are you seeing them as you described above? What browser are you using?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, it's showing up fine now. I use Internet Explorer both at home and at work. I wonder if it has something to do with the screen resolution I have set on my computers, or if maybe someone already fixed the problem. The trophies are showing up to the right of the avatars now instead of above them like they were earlier.

Anyway, it seems to be solved, thank goodness! If I keep having trouble at work, I'll check the settings on my computer display and browser to see if I can fix it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The idea of a shoutbox came to mind. Is that possible? Some forums have some chat box thing on the main page that people can post in. I'm also thinking of a chatroom again, too.

FORT Fogey

This is how I see most posters avatar section.

Join Date Jan 2003
    Location Right Here, Right Now
    Posts 19,635

This printing is below avatar.

Posters with larger avatars show this information to the right of the picture, overlapping both the picture and part of text. Is there anything I can do about this? I only happens with large avatar pics.

I am still seeing this even though I see pikachu has this corrected.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-30-2012 at 07:25 PM.

This may have to do with your browser settings. If you decrease the size of your font, does that fix the problem? We can ask Frey to take a look, but I think this is a user issue rather than a site one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This is how I see most posters avatar section.

Join Date Jan 2003
    Location Right Here, Right Now
    Posts 19,635

This printing is below avatar.

Posters with larger avatars show this information to the right of the picture, overlapping both the picture and part of text. Is there anything I can do about this? I only happens with large avatar pics.

I am still seeing this even though I see pikachu has this corrected.
    It's not really corrected for me. My computer at work shows everything fine but my computer at home still shows things offset. I know it's a setting on the computer, I just can't seem to find out what it is so I can fix it.

I don't know if this is posted somewhere so I've a question....

Is there a certain amount of time this site gives a poster before it logs you off????

Often... while responding to a post (when logged ON)... when I hit submit... I'm logged off. WHY? Thats soooo frustrating.

All those well thought out... absolutely, positively.. without a doubt.... the most hysterical post... GONE! Takes a lot out of this gal....

I gotta stop rambling on... as I might have missed the time limit... OH THE PRESSURE OF POSTING!!!! Ahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It's not really corrected for me. My computer at work shows everything fine but my computer at home still shows things offset. I know it's a setting on the computer, I just can't seem to find out what it is so I can fix it.

I see the same thing.... many posters information is overlapping the text. Why would it have something to do with my computer settings? As most of the avatars are the same size and the writing is under their picture.

For example... Critical's avatar looks the same size as yours... and only Critical's information is on the side where the text only should be.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the site. TVG_Frey has checked and verified that it's not on our end. It's likely a setting in your browser and unfortunately, since none of us can duplicate the problem, we can't tell you how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I don't know if this is posted somewhere so I've a question....

Is there a certain amount of time this site gives a poster before it logs you off????

Often... while responding to a post (when logged ON)... when I hit submit... I'm logged off. WHY? Thats soooo frustrating.

All those well thought out... absolutely, positively.. without a doubt.... the most hysterical post... GONE! Takes a lot out of this gal....

I gotta stop rambling on... as I might have missed the time limit... OH THE PRESSURE OF POSTING!!!! Ahhhhh.....

Continuing to get logged off by the site...

*mumbles to self* Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something...um... without actually telling me...

+ Reply to Thread