+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: How come I cannot edit my post?

Quote Originally Posted by petzl View Post
    Why can I edit my post in this forum, but when I put this post up:
    "http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/survivor-24-one-world/92749-would-you-want-see-colton-future-survivor-3.html#post4513174" it's not editable?

The options are "Reply" and "Reply with Quote." There's no "Edit Text" option, even though I seem to have posting permissions ("You may edit your posts").

Is it because it's a sticky thread or a poll?
    There's a 20 minute window during which you can edit a post. After that, no editing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Problem / Question

You have a limited amount of time after posting to edit your post. After that, you can't edit your post. I don't remember right off how long you have (20 minutes? 30 minutes?).

That's been hard for me to adapt to because on the other forums I visit, you can edit your post anytime you want to, unless your post is the first one in the thread. I often go back to add more to a post, update information, or edit typos but I can't do that here. I have to make adjustments in the allotted time or add a new post to correct information in a previous post.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Can we get the individual threads in Project Runway unlocked please? Thanks!

Sorry to repeat a question but I am still unable to post a profile picture in "My Profile" here. Can change avatar and personal info but nothing seems available to add/change profile picture. I've tried Firefox and IE...but nowhere can I find the option.
    The only thing I saw on FAQ that might pertain to this is quote: This option may or may not be enabled by the administrator.
    Thanks in advance.
    DL

It's not something we're able to fix. Hopefully, TVG can help us out the next time they come by, but honestly, that's lower on the list than some things we need addressed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Something very odd is happening when I access FORT from a google search. I google "Fans of Reality TV", click on the link, and I get an ad pop-up page. I have to close my browser and re-try to access the forum page. I understand the need for ads but I think this could possibly turn new users away from the site if they attempt to access thru google. This has happened on 2 different computers - one at home and one at work.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Something very odd is happening when I access FORT from a google search. I google "Fans of Reality TV", click on the link, and I get an ad pop-up page. I have to close my browser and re-try to access the forum page. I understand the need for ads but I think this could possibly turn new users away from the site if they attempt to access thru google. This has happened on 2 different computers - one at home and one at work.
    Out of curiousity, I tried the same thing. My antivirus system told me that a trojan horse had been detected in the pop up ad, so that is definitely something to look into.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

If you get to the point where ads are being displayed instead of the site, it usually means that the trojan horse has been installed on your system, so run anti-virus software to try to remove it. Until you get it cleaned up, you may have issues with anything you search for.

(Search for "google trojan horse" for detailed instructions. Be sure to make any backups that they tell you to make!)

Interesting! Thanks guys. Weird how it's on the two completely separate computers. I don't have problems googling anything from this home laptop, but we've had lots of issues at work with google. And our IT guy was in just two days ago to "fix" it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Sometimes it's the anti-virus program you're using as well. I know people have had issues with McAfee in the past. We'll pass all of this on to TV Guide and have them make sure it's nothing on our end

+ Reply to Thread