+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Help....why is the Big Brother live feed discussion (spoilers) thread 8/30/2011 closed tonight? I cant find any regulars online to ask.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Problem solved within an hour of the question. Thread reopened.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

In in Win7/64, and recently updated to the latest Firefox. I'm having a new set of problems where the Quick Reply box doesn't fully draw up for me, leaving a blank void where the text field should be. This continues to happen if I hit "Reply/Reply with Quote" and sometimes even after I go to Advanced Mode from there. Sometimes, if I keep refreshing a few times after going to Advanced mode, the text fields and style tools will finally draw up.

It was happening in both the FORT test skin and the vB4 default skin (which I'm using now). I used to think the problem was due to an intermittent connection with my cable modem, but it happens no matter how fast my connection is. I've cleared my cookies & cache too, and it doesn't seem to have an effect.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

This has been annoying me for a while now, I just hadn't reported it yet.

I notice that on other people's posts, their join date, number of posts, etc, appear under their avatar. For some reason, mine appears to the right of my avatar instead, where it sometimes overlaps what I have written in my post.

Does everyone see my avatar like that or does it appear that way only to me? Does everyone else's avatar appear like that to them althought it looks fine to me? Is mine messed up because I linked to an avatar from my computer or because I filled out additional fields of info that other people didn't?

Here's a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.

Edited to add: I think I just diagnosed the problem. I went scrolling through the forums to see if anyone else's avatar was doing that and found one. Spockwhat also has their information to the side of their avatar instead of under it. The thing we have in common is we both have an arcade trophy. That must be throwing off the alignment of our avatars. I don't want to lose my trophy but I wish it wouldn't do that!
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-09-2011 at 04:19 PM.

CCL

pikachu - your information shows up normally for me (ie join date, location etc under your avatar).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I see it the same way as pikachu. off to the right of the avatar. using IE 8

pikachu's, not mine.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

CCL

Weird. Maybe it's a browser thing (I'm using Safari)?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Pikachu ,

Yours appears right under your name and avatar - on the left - like everybody else's - on my screen.

I'm on Firefox, version 6.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Pikachu, what browser are you using? I'm using IE8 and your info shows up normally. Odd.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm on Firefox 4.0.1 and it looks fine to me as well, pikachu.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread