+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

FORT Fogey

Re: Problem / Question

Yesterday and this morning I am noticing that in some forums (General Discussion is the only one I've been on this morning other than Bachelor), unread threads are not showing in bold.

I was on The Bachelor forum and that one was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4193782;
    Yesterday and this morning I am noticing that in some forums (General Discussion is the only one I've been on this morning other than Bachelor), unread threads are not showing in bold.

I was on The Bachelor forum and that one was OK.
    And some forums that used to have unread threads are now all showing as having been read.

I think it's marking forums read after you've been logged out. I've let TV Guide know, but if you have any other errors to report, please let us know. They were tweaking the site yesterday.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Administrator

It's actually a change recommended by VBulletin (the folks that make the software that runs the forum.) Updates are going to be like this for a while as I make other changes -- I will reintroduce more accurate read/unread counts if possible subsequent to that.

I'm just wondering why there is a twitter link after each post?

Administrator

New feature-functionality -- if a post is Tweet-worthy, you can do so now (instead of just Digg.)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Even after I read all of the posts in a forum, the forum is still showing up as having new posts. For example, after I came into this thread and read the new post in TapATalk and then in this thread, I left this forum. On my main page, it still showed that I had unread posts. When I came back in, there were no new posts. Then I went back out again and it was marked as read. It's like it takes 2 times of coming in and leaving for it to be marked unread.
    Wake up and be awesome

Between 2:36 and 2:38 PM PST there have been multiple posts in The Bachelor Forum/ Spoiler subforum/Screencap Discussion. As far as I can tell they have all been deleted.

Edit to add: Other threads have been effected as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When I try to Tweet a post, I get an "http 400 bad request" error. Digg works just fine, though.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4194588;
    Even after I read all of the posts in a forum, the forum is still showing up as having new posts. For example, after I came into this thread and read the new post in TapATalk and then in this thread, I left this forum. On my main page, it still showed that I had unread posts. When I came back in, there were no new posts. Then I went back out again and it was marked as read. It's like it takes 2 times of coming in and leaving for it to be marked unread.
    I think I'm having the opposite problem? Mine shows there are no new posts, where in fact there are. When I go into threads, it looks like all the posts have been read, and there aren't anymore new posts, where in fact, I didn't read any of the new posts, and I can't tell where the last post was since my last log on.

+ Reply to Thread