+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4133625;
    copy the avatar (picture) into Paint, then resize the image down to where it is acceptable.
    save it to your computer and load it from there.
    Thanks for the advice. I've never used Paint before. I gave it a whirl but resizing didn't work b/c it omitted most of the text in the image and left only a little bit of the photo.

In any case, I was able to post a larger avatar (325 x 325) pixels, and for some reason the control panel allowed me to post it and it was resized automatically. So, perhaps if the avatar is not enormous, it does get resized automatically.

Thanks for your help and I will be playing around with Paint to see what I can do.

You could try doing an image search using the term "avatar" because it will bring up much smaller images.

The sizing doesn't have anything to do with FORT, that's something you need to do on your own computer. It definitely is worth it to take the time to figure it out as it will come up in other places on the internet.

I use Irfan which is a free software program you can download. It's very quick and handy for resizing images, but mostly I'm used to it. Any photo program has ways to resize or crop a photo, and MS Paint will also let you resize. When you open Paint, open the picture you want inside of Paint, then just click on the "resize" tool. It looks like two rectangles on top of each other. You can ask it to make it 50% of the size it was, or put in the actual pixel size you want. It should not cut out any text that way - although it may make it too small to read.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4133748;
    You could try doing an image search using the term "avatar" because it will bring up much smaller images.

The sizing doesn't have anything to do with FORT, that's something you need to do on your own computer. It definitely is worth it to take the time to figure it out as it will come up in other places on the internet.

I use Irfan which is a free software program you can download. It's very quick and handy for resizing images, but mostly I'm used to it. Any photo program has ways to resize or crop a photo, and MS Paint will also let you resize. When you open Paint, open the picture you want inside of Paint, then just click on the "resize" tool. It looks like two rectangles on top of each other. You can ask it to make it 50% of the size it was, or put in the actual pixel size you want. It should not cut out any text that way - although it may make it too small to read.
    Oh, thanks for the tips, Hepcat. While in Paint I went into 'Image' and then clicked 'attributes'. It allowed me to resize by putting in the pixel sizes. Just went back into Paint and couldn't find the 'resize' tool. I do see the 'magnifier' tool, but I want to make it smaller. Guess I need to play some more. Thanks again.

on older version of Paint, under IMAGE, stretch / skew will let you put in new sizing (such as take both height and width to 50% of original size and it actually shrinks the picture)
    that is all I ever use.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Like hep said IrfanView is a very simple easy to use program that I use mainly just for resizing pictures.
    IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but the "Things in Common" game, currently on page 2 in Fun and Games won't open the last page. Who/how is this addressed?
    Count your blessings!

It looks like the thread got too large. The only thing to do is to start a new one.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I took the last accessible page and created a new thread titled "Things In common" for all of you.

Things in Common

Thanks, Unk!

Thanks Unk!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread