+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

The TVG people are pretty sure this isn't a problem with the site and is malware that was picked up somewhere else. I had a similar problem within the last year that hi-jacked my browser when I went to specific sites - Google was one of them. I'd click a link and it would take me somewhere else. I scanned my computer not only with Spybot Search and Destroy and the regular Windows tools, but also with Malwarebytes and the problem was fixed. I scanned twice and rebooted after each scan, just to be sure

You can download Malwarebytes here: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    Spybot S&D is here: Spybot - Search & Destroy - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

There are lots of other similar programs. Those are just the ones I use and like.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I downloaded Malwarebytes, ran it and it caught 58 items. It must have tickled Norton, because it started a full system scan right in the middle of the Malware scan.

I'll give Firefox a test a bit later. It went through another update and got caught up in stickiness...plus BB came back from the POV comp.

Thanks, Critical.

ETA: I using Firefox now and had no problem with the Microsoft loop-de-loop.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-05-2010 at 12:27 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Much to techical for my limited brain power.

FORT Fogey

It took me three times to get past the opening screen. Each time I was whisked off the site to a bunch of advertising. I'm on IE.

Finally got it to be OK by being persistent.

Message amended 7:53. Got whisked off the site to an ad just as I was going to answer a post. It was an advertisement for some drug. Just to let you guys know what is going on...........
    Last edited by Columbia, MD; 09-07-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4056314;
    It took me three times to get past the opening screen. Each time I was whisked off the site to a bunch of advertising. I'm on IE.

Finally got it to be OK by being persistent.

Message amended 7:53. Got whisked off the site to an ad just as I was going to answer a post. It was an advertisement for some drug. Just to let you guys know what is going on...........
    Like I posted upthread, the odd are very good that this isn't a problem with the site. You may need to update/install anti-malware/anti-spyware and do thorough scans on your computer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4056397;
    Like I posted upthread, the odd are very good that this isn't a problem with the site. You may need to update/install anti-malware/anti-spyware and do thorough scans on your computer.
    Isn't it a bit unusual that we would have to install a software fix for 1 website? It seems that for the past couple of months just plain weird things have been happening & it can't be because all of us have issues with our computers.

I have also been getting some redirects lately. I had them before (myspace) - and did the cleanup. Now I am getting redirected to other places.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4056564;
    Isn't it a bit unusual that we would have to install a software fix for 1 website? It seems that for the past couple of months just plain weird things have been happening & it can't be because all of us have issues with our computers.
    I had the same thing happen with Google. Wasn't anything to do with Google - it was my computer. If it was the site that was infected with Malware EVERYONE would have it, not just a small group (comparative to how many members visit the site each day).

The site issues - double posting, edit button problems, etc. - have to do with moving the site to a new server. Those are functionality issues that TVG is working to fix. The malware issues some members are having don't have anything to do with the move to the new server.

I'm still having issues with editing - I usually just doubleclick, but it doesn't always solve it.
    Today, I've noticed I got some strange message when trying to post - something about security - soory, I already deleted it.
    Now, I'm noticing that the site is asking me to relog in. It never did that before.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4062358;
    I'm still having issues with editing - I usually just doubleclick, but it doesn't always solve it.
    Today, I've noticed I got some strange message when trying to post - something about security - soory, I already deleted it.
    Now, I'm noticing that the site is asking me to relog in. It never did that before.
    TIA
    Same here.

All my posts today have told me that I'm duplicate posting.

And about a half hour ago, I had to re-login, although I'm sure that I clicked the box when I first logged in.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread