+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Problem / Question

I've been using Firefox and haven't cleared my cache/cookies for quite some time and I'm not having the hijacking problem.
    Wake up and be awesome

I've never had that problem either Ashley. Firefox user here too!

We've been trying to get TV Guide help for this - unfortunately, it's their servers and we can only do so much on our end (and it's not much). The staff is just as frustrated as all of you!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4049441;
    We've been trying to get TV Guide help for this - unfortunately, it's their servers and we can only do so much on our end (and it's not much). The staff is just as frustrated as all of you!
    Thanks for the update hepcat! I finally had to log off because it got progressively worse last night. I did clear my cache/cookies with a CCLeaner program and ran a Norton security check and the problem still existed.

That said, things are smoother this morning as I would have been bumped off by now. So keeping my fingers crossed -- DWTS season discussion is starting up and I don't want to miss anything!

I use Firefox and just got routed to some fishing site when I tried to just log into the front page. If you add index to the address it will take you to the forums page and I logged in right away no problems.
    Yup, with donuts!!

My problem with Firefox since the "troubles" started is a loop to Microsoft "PictureIt". After my initial entry, I can't go to another screen without the system wanting to route through that program. My solution is to use Google Chrome, and in a pinch, IE. I'm afraid I'm not tech savvy enough to de-loop the road block in Firefox.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Here's what I expereince almost everytime I post lately. I hit the Post Reply Button & after about 15 seconds the little wheel stops spinning, but nothing happens. I am still in the quick reply screen, the message is still there, but when I leave the site & come back, the message has been posted. Weird stuff for the past month.

razorbacker - rather than trying to post from the quick reply screen, take all your posts to the Advanced screen and post from there. That is what I've had to do to avoid long delays and double posts.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Those of you that were having the redirect problem, has it happened recently?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I tried Firefox again and did fine from the opening page to the Main Index, but the moment I wanted to go back to the Main Index from a forum, the loop to Microsoft Picture It! Document popped up.

It reads: What should Firefox do with this file?

(Marked Circle) Open with (drop down box) pi.exe

(Unmarked Circle) Save File

(Unmarked Square) Do this automatically for files like this from now on.

If I go to a sub-index from the forum I'm in such as Reality Shows Current or About to Air, it goes through fine. I just can't leave the sub-index for the Main Index without closing the site and re-entering.

+ Reply to Thread