+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

FORT Fogey

Re: Problem / Question

The "Thanks for cooperation" box keeps popping up here and there. I was getting them several times a day...now I've only seen one in the past day or so while posting on a thread. An earlier poster suggested this might be some type of virus (??????).

I just "x" it out when I see it; it claims to be from Microsoft.

Hope this info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4041707;
    The "Thanks for cooperation" box keeps popping up here and there...claims to be from Microsoft...
    I don't think this breaks a rule I missed or something, and that it's an appropriate post in the appropriate place, but I'd rather get fussed at than be bothered by the possibility that somebody might need to see it:

The free version of Malwarebytes is very good at helping you identify and deal with any programs, browser "helpers," etc that you didn't choose to install on your computer.

If you know you have, or should acquire, anything like that and are having trouble removing it, the Geeks To Go forums have friendly, specially trained volunteer nerds who will hold your hand and help you through the process, and once your machine is cleaned, they'll help you make sure it stays that way - with free programs that are just as good and usually better than pay ones.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4043755;
    I don't think this breaks a rule I missed or something, and that it's an appropriate post in the appropriate place, but I'd rather get fussed at than be bothered by the possibility that somebody might need to see it:

The free version of Malwarebytes is very good at helping you identify and deal with any programs, browser "helpers," etc that you didn't choose to install on your computer.

If you know you have, or should acquire, anything like that and are having trouble removing it, the Geeks To Go forums have friendly, specially trained volunteer nerds who will hold your hand and help you through the process, and once your machine is cleaned, they'll help you make sure it stays that way - with free programs that are just as good and usually better than pay ones.
    Not at all, thanks for that helpful information.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Why does this site keep switching over to MySpace? it's very annoying!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm getting that too Ellen

"My Space" came up last night everytime I clicked on ANYTHING from the FORT site.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Same here. It was so fustrating that I left. Seem to be better today.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;4044522;
    "My Space" came up last night everytime I clicked on ANYTHING from the FORT site.
    I am having the same problem today. "MySpace" is hijacking my Fort site time right in the middle of posting/PM'ing. (did it as I wrote this.). I can use the backspace button which saved what I wrote. I am also getting "Thanks for your cooperation" . . . OK you are welcome!

Should I be running my security software for malware?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4048989;
    I am having the same problem today. "MySpace" is hijacking my Fort site time right in the middle of posting/PM'ing. (did it as I wrote this.). I can use the backspace button which saved what I wrote. I am also getting "Thanks for your cooperation" . . . OK you are welcome!

Should I be running my security software for malware?

Thanks.
    I am having the same issue. I think I am going to try Malware but its really annoying!

also, clear your cookies/cache and see if that helps.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread