+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Re: Problem / Question

Here's a post hep made in the computer problems thread in General Discussion in response to this problem

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3868687;
    This is discussed a little in the Annoucements/Help forum. It's not just you, it's everyone. TVGuide is mucking with the servers because they want us to be on their internal server. We have found that changing the number of posts that display in a thread to 20 or so can help you open up the bigger threads. Other than that, there's really nothing we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3868929;
    All that I do is click on my User CP. I then click on "Contacts and Friends" under Networking. All you have to do is write a message in the text box in their profile and click "post message". They have to be your confirmed friend for you to post a message I believe.
    Thank you so much for your help. I didn't see a text box to type a message to my confirmed friends on thier profile pages. Could it be a programming glich I need to fix?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I'm sure the answer to my question is right before my eyes, but I can't seem to find it. In the User CP, there is a section to Edit Folders. You can name a folder, however once I name it, I don't see it. I thought it would be under "folders" however its not there.

Where do I find the folder, once I name it?

You have to be in your inbox, not just the user CP. So on the left side, about 1/3 of the way down, there is a "Private Messages" menu. Click on "list messages" and you will see your current PMs in your inbox. Above the PMs there should be a "Folder Controls" dialog box. There's two ways to change what folder you're looking at. At the top of the Folder Controls box there's a little white triangle that if you click it will be a pull down menu of your folders. The other way is to use the "Jump to [folder]" menu that is inside the Folder Controls dialog box.

Let me know if you don't see it, because one thing we've seen recently is that normal functions have gotten messed up on user accounts that might not show to a mod account.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Ok thanks! I see that now. This all started because I was trying to move a PM into a new folder, and was using the move to folder at the very bottom of the In Box, thinking that the new folder name would should up there in the drop down. I now see that I have to choose the PM, click move to folder, Go, then choose the folder.

Also, there is a circle with two arrows in it, at the top right hand side in the title bar Private Messages, which opens and closes the Folders Control Dialog Box. Perhaps some users don't notice its there and don't realize it can be used to open the Control Dialog Box.

Another problem. I received a PM from someone, but I can't open it.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." and yet they sent me another PM and that one opens. I've received three PM's after that, all are ok however I still can't open the first one.

Is anyone else having this issue?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3874650;
    Another problem. I received a PM from someone, but I can't open it.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." and yet they sent me another PM and that one opens. I've received three PM's after that, all are ok however I still can't open the first one.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Haven't had any problems opening messages. Perhaps you could ask the person to forward it to you again. I think sometimes these computers are just there to get the better of us!!!

We don't do anything with the pm system so it's nothing we can fix. I would guess it's similar to the page loading issue.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks for the help! Its no big deal. I just wondered because there seemed to be some strange happenings lately, but it seems to be all ok now.

I had a problem a few weeks earlier getting into certain threads, Jake in DWTS and RHOC. I reset my posts per page to 20 and it fixed it. Now I'm having the same problem with the RHNY thread, and I've tried to reset to 10 and 50, rebooted, tried more and I just cannot get it to load. Anyone else having this problem??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread