+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Problem / Question

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Problem / Question

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3603289;
    Crossing Guard - the pics are down because we're having issues with the server they are hosted on, but we're working on it.

And Juls, that feature was turned off in an attempt to help the board run faster (and prevent crashes). The load has been pretty heavy with the Bachelorette finale coming up. Hopefully that will calm down soon and we can turn "who's online" back on.
    Thanks Way....that works for me. I'd much rather be able to get on to Fort.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3603615;
    I am having lots of problems just trying to log into the FORT website. I have no problems getting onto any other website, just FORT.
    This has been going on foor about 2 weeks.
    Can someone help me? Thanks
    The servers are overloaded. There's only a certain amount we can do, and it still happens.

The more people refresh a page the worse it will be. If you can set your page to display 50 or 100 posts that will help reduce the load on the server because it reduces the number of times you have to load a page to see the same number of posts.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3603747;
    The servers are overloaded. There's only a certain amount we can do, and it still happens.

The more people refresh a page the worse it will be. If you can set your page to display 50 or 100 posts that will help reduce the load on the server because it reduces the number of times you have to load a page to see the same number of posts.
    Thanks
    I thought it was probably the servers, but it's never before happened that I couldn't even get onto the website - that's a first and that's been happening for past couple of weeks. And, I've not changed any of my display settings - they're all at the default setting. Is there anything we, as users, can do, or should we just be patient and hope for the best? It only happens trying to get Onto site. It does Not happen once I am On the site.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You can change your setting from the default. It's in the "edit options" menu; scroll down about halfway and you will see "Number of Posts to Show Per Page." Default is 20, and you can go up to 100. You'd only want it low if you're on dial-up.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3604396;
    You can change your setting from the default. It's in the "edit options" menu; scroll down about halfway and you will see "Number of Posts to Show Per Page." Default is 20, and you can go up to 100. You'd only want it low if you're on dial-up.
    THanks. Yes, I know about the default setting, but, like I said, I can't even log on to the site. So, that's why I asked.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Why would I get a messsage that a mod has to approve my post before it gets on the board? I've been a good girl..although not posting much lately.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3611542;
    Why would I get a messsage that a mod has to approve my post before it gets on the board? I've been a good girl..although not posting much lately.

It's probably caught in moderation. Probably not anything big, just something the filter thought was off. If there is a problem a Mod or an FA will let you know. I wouldn't worry about it.

Apparently the language filter doesn't like shiitake mushrooms, so it held your post in the queue, livin.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3614102;
    Apparently the language filter doesn't like shiitake mushrooms, so it held your post in the queue, livin.
    Not to get off topic, but that's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3614102;
    Hahaha, I laughed also.

And thanks for fixing the server which hosts the pictures!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread