+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting a Picture

Posting a Picture

Hi there,

Trying to figure out the in's and out's of this website and i was hoping someone would be so kind as to let me know how to post a picture with my name, i thank you for your time.

to the FORT, Lioness. You may like to visit the Announcements forum, as there is all kinds of helpful info over there. As far as a picture under your name (it is called an "avatar") is concerned, go up to "user cp" at the top of the page and then got to "avatar". You can pick a standard one or upload one from your computer. For the text line, go to "profile" and then scroll down to "custom user text"

Good luck!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Lioness_1975
    I'm not a pro at this because it took me a while. I can point you in the right direction. Go to the very top and choose usercp, then avatar. It has to be a certain pixel size. There might be more info under the Announcement thread.

Good luck!
    ______________________________ _
    I must have been typing while OneTVSlave already posted.
    Last edited by eldee; 07-24-2003 at 05:09 PM.

click HERE for the thread on posting pictures.

These is a forum called "announcements" and there you will find the answers to any question you may have... there is also an introduction thread there
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

There is also a FAQ section (click the FAQ button at the top of any page), which can answer some of those questions and also contains our site rules, for a quick refresher.

Thanks

Thank you to all of you...i did it with all your help no less and it is awesome...
    You are all so helpful and thanks for the warm welcome

You took less time to figure it out than I did!

If you want to share a picture with folks but don't want to use up too much bandwidth at this site (e.g., to show really large pictures or to point to a picture that's already been posted recently in the same thread, you can just post a LINK to the picture and folks can see it by clicking on the link.
    On my browsers this is very easy (though I just recently discovered how). On some pictures if I click-hold* directly ON the image, a menu drops down with an option to "copy link to clipboard." Select that option and then go to your post and paste the link into the post. That's all.
    Sometimes the drop-down menu just allows me to "Open in new window." When I do open the new window, the URL shows at the top of the screen and I can copy it to post.

NOTE: This is also a way to SHARE pictures from other websites that use encoding to prevent people from POSTING the ACTUAL pictures elsewhere. (When you try to post some pics by using the URLS, all you get in your post is a little box with a red "X" in it.)

If you want to post a link to the entire POST where you found a pic, BTW, go to the upper right hand corner of that post and click-hold* directly on the POST #. You can copy the URL of that post in the same way you would the URL for a posted photo.

*I use a Mac with Explorer or Netscape. Either a single button mouse or a trackpad. If you use a double button mouse, I think you would "right click."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Fogey
    Yeah Lioness, you did it extremely quickly! It took me weeks to figure out how to do my own Av. I had one of the av's that was already there, but I wanted my own personal one.

Okay, you're clicking on Manage Attachments, then clicking "Browse", selecting your file, then clicking on "Add This File"...then it uploads, and you will see the file listed under "Current Attachments", with a "remove" button next to it. If you just want the one picture, then click "all done". If you want to add another, click Browse again, select another file, and click "add this file" again. And so on.

I'm pretty sure you're not clicking "add this file"...
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast