+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened to my post count?

What happened to my post count?

Do you remember having a slightly (or even much) larger post count, and suddenly, it's down?

Here's what we did:

We've created 2 new forums today...Books, and Games & Quizzes.

We've moved most of the games and quizzes to the new forum, and the mods decided that posts in that forum shouldn't count on a user's post count. The reason for this is that we didn't think it was "fair" that a member who plays Word Association all day has the same number of posts as someone who actually participates in our other, regular forums.

Since posts don't really count toward anything, and it's not like there's a prize for a certain number of posts, it shouldn't matter. But some of you might be proud of your post count and not like it dropping. To those of you, I apologize, but encourage you to get that count back up through participation!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Curses! I can no longer put my post count up by typing single words in the Word Association thread! Now I actually have to post sentences that are on topic! Curses!

No wonder!!!!! I got a little worried there! And yes, i am proud of my post counts!

Am I the only one who's actually kinda embarrassed about my post count? I see it going up and up and up, and I start to think "My God, woman. You need to really get a life."

But those 3 dimensional people are overrated. Outside bad. Inside good.

Um, no, not until now, ajg. Thanks.

Well at least you get to blame yours on 'administrative' posts and all that jazz, John.

I blame mine on the fact that I'm seeking unemployment...
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    man, that means alot of people will have to make sentences and sence? wow, talk about a challenge

Originally posted by John
    Um, no, not until now, ajg. Thanks.
    No, no. It's a definite compliment to the amazing drawing power of the FoRT. This place really grows on you. There's another message board that I registered on almost 6 months ago, and while I still read it a lot, I have fewer than 50 posts.

There's just so many people here that I enjoy talking to.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by ajg113
    Am I the only one who's actually kinda embarrassed about my post count? I see it going up and up and up, and I start to think "My God, woman. You need to really get a life."
    Same here.

Thanks John - I was wondering!!! As FLOM and FAME are not as inspiring to me as AI, I'm not posting as much on reality shows - which is what the FORT is all about. So yeah, I've been playing games and thinking, that's why some people have really high post numbers - stupid games!!!

I like this much better. Good idea.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread