+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Photo-sharing Websites

Photo-sharing Websites

So now that Photobucket has decided to CHARGE big bucks for uploading photos to their site......I am moving on.

PLUS the photo's I have on their site are locked in there. I cannot delete them nor can I use them. UNLESS I PAY.

This is a a photo below that I actually uploaded and put on FoRT ... now look at what happens when I try to use it again.

Here are the costs now to use Photobucket.

Photobucket Plus Storage | Photobucket

p.s. Am I doing something wrong and are they still FREE? I am not any kind of techy person AT ALL.

SO WHAT SITE ARE YOU ALL USING TO UPLOAD PICTURES?
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Photo-sharing Websites

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    So now that Photobucket has decided to CHARGE big bucks for uploading photos to their site......I am moving on.

PLUS the photo's I have on their site are locked in there. I cannot delete them nor can I use them. UNLESS I PAY.

This is a a photo below that I actually uploaded and put on FoRT ... now look at what happens when I try to use it again.

Here are the costs now to use Photobucket.

Photobucket Plus Storage | Photobucket

p.s. Am I doing something wrong and are they still FREE? I am not any kind of techy person AT ALL.

SO WHAT SITE ARE YOU ALL USING TO UPLOAD PICTURES?
    Ugh, that stinks. I haven't been to Photobucket in a long, long time and truthfully now that my PC is kaput I have lost all of the photos that were saved on my hard drive. I never learned my lesson from 4 years ago to back up. Honestly, I don't know how to do that, either. I know there is some gadget you buy to do that or I guess you could upload? download? to a thumb/flash drive. See, I don't even know the correct tech terms.

Right now I am on hubby's laptop. He hooked it up so I can use my big monitor and regular keyboard and mouse and I am content for now.

What about using Dropbox? I feel your pain, momrek!
    momrek06 likes this.

It is using it as a hosting site for the photos we use with contestant bios or personal photos we want to show on FoRT that is so expensive - $300/year.

I was able to sneak around and get a few of my personal photos back on my computer by clicking on the "bars" in the photo when the site loads, then clicking share and sending it to my email. This is very labor intensive and I've only done a few. They aren't going to dump all my photos, just make it difficult to access them. You can get rid of the overwhelming ads by paying $3/month (I think) but I'm so stubborn, I don't even want to pay that.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

THANKS, ECM and ARIEL for your replies.

I saw on Photobucket's Facebook page that they are getting slammed with ANGRY people for doing this. Like reallllly realllly angry comments.

GOOD.
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

THANKS, ECM and ARIEL for your replies.

I saw on Photobucket's Facebook page that they are getting slammed with ANGRY people for doing this. Like reallllly realllly angry comments.

GOOD.
    So you cant get your photos ??
    I'd be mad..did they give you any warning? I used dropbox, but I haven't for awhile now..
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just went to Photobucket and I'm still able to delete my existing pictures. I also was able to copy the link that you copy to share so let's see if this works. I'm going to try and share a pic below, so let's see if this still works.....

momrek06 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

In case I just got lucky that time, let me try again.....random pic....

momrek06 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

See Joseph. Its not working.

Hiiiiii FANNY, yup, I cannot get my photos ... I think I will take ECM's advice and start using DROPBOX.
    KAREN

See Joseph. Its not working.

Hiiiiii FANNY, yup, I cannot get my photos ... I think I will take ECM's advice and start using DROPBOX.
    Oh, crap. I'm sorry you're having trouble. I never use photobucket anymore anyway so I guess if they take mine too, then sobeit.

I hope Dropbox works for you.

I'm truly ticked off with Photobucket, which I used for years. I emailed support because the "Download Album" function wasn't working at all -- I want to download everything and upload it to another host -- and I got a "yeah, we know, bygones, we're working on it" reply.

I also have used Imgur for years, and I'm very happy with them. If I ever get my more important FORT images off of Photobucket, that's where I'll be moving them.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast