+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will this be shown in Australia?

FORT Newbie

Will this be shown in Australia?

Hi, I'm in the land downunder. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any plans to show this in Australia? I would REALLY love to see it. We don't have Amish in Australia, but I think alot of people would watch it.

FORT Newbie
    We DO have Amish in Australia! A small business in Nabiac on the Mid-North Coast of NSW (just south of Taree) is run by an Amish family. They are the only Amish I've heard of but I'm sure they're not the only ones here.
    The TV show is on Foxtel Arena Channel at 7.30pm Saturday nights, repeated 3.30pm Sunday afternoon, the series is more than halfway through. I don't know how many episodes are in the series but I know I'm going to miss it, and Mose, when it's all over. It is a very thought-provoking show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer615
    Hi, I'm in the land downunder. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any plans to show this in Australia? I would REALLY love to see it. We don't have Amish in Australia, but I think alot of people would watch it.
    Yes, we have it on ARENA and it really is a very good insight into the complete lack of cultural awareness of young Americans. An appalling group of city kids with nothing to redeem them in the way of manners or general knowledge.
    Be thankful that it's on cable, not FTA.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibendum
    Yes, we have it on ARENA and it really is a very good insight into the complete lack of cultural awareness of young Americans. An appalling group of city kids with nothing to redeem them in the way of manners or general knowledge.
    Be thankful that it's on cable, not FTA.
    I think we should wish it were on FTA, young Aussies should be alerted firstly to the sad state of American knowledge of their own cultural divergence and secondly to the better alternatives even within their own culture, but far be it from us to point out their own sorry ignorance.

+ Reply to Thread