+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Recap 9/21/04 – And So They Scatter

  1. #11
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18
    I was somewhat disappointed in the Amish kids. They let all of the worldly ways get to them and they left a life, though strict and harsh sometimes, of good solid loving harworking people that you have to admire. To leave your family and never go back is really a bummer. Now I understand that since they were not baptized into the Amish, except for Mose (who surprised me the most) that they can visit their families provided the father approves. So that is one redeeming thing for them. To tell the truth, I was a little upset with the way the audience was somewhat duped into watching to see what would happen. I remember every episode thinking that certain of the Amish kids would go back. Then to find out none did, and that many of them had already been past the rumspringa time and had already been living out of the Amish community made it even worse. I guess that is what you call good tv...keep the audience in suspense..... but I am still disappointed.

  2. #12
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker
    I was somewhat disappointed in the Amish kids. They let all of the worldly ways get to them and they left a life, though strict and harsh sometimes, of good solid loving harworking people that you have to admire. To leave your family and never go back is really a bummer. Now I understand that since they were not baptized into the Amish, except for Mose (who surprised me the most) that they can visit their families provided the father approves. So that is one redeeming thing for them. To tell the truth, I was a little upset with the way the audience was somewhat duped into watching to see what would happen. I remember every episode thinking that certain of the Amish kids would go back. Then to find out none did, and that many of them had already been past the rumspringa time and had already been living out of the Amish community made it even worse. I guess that is what you call good tv...keep the audience in suspense..... but I am still disappointed.
    While I wouldn't say the show disappointed me, I do understand what you are saying. They sort of led us to believe there would be a final, definitive moment where each would somehow climb aboard either one bus or another...one for the city, one for Amish country (this is an analogy, of course). That moment never came...any of them could STILL go either one way or the other. There's no real sense of closure, nor can there be, since they can't very well force the AK's to make a final choice. Some might consider the finale rather unsatisfying.

  3. #13
    Lea
    Lea is offline
    FORT Fan Lea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Illinios
    Age
    42
    Posts
    259

    And so they scatter

    So does this mean there will be a season two?

  4. #14
    Come Along, Pond phat32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hi, Olivia!
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    So does this mean there will be a season two?
    Maybe, since Mose didn't offer Kevan The Rose.

    I've been wondering the same thing. And if there is a second season, whether the creators would bring back the same housemates or find an entirely new group.

    What are the chances, though, of locating five or six more Amish on rumspringa who would agree to appear on television?

  5. #15
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    54
    There was that article that mentioned the producers having another "project" with Mose in mind...maybe he could be like a rumspringa guide to a new group of Amish kids.

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie Gracie2770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    44
    Posts
    22
    Well, its Wednesday again. I'm going through AITC withdrawl!
    "I want a chicken, Eddy!"

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18
    Me, too, Gracie2270. It seemed kind of lonely without the show.

  8. #18
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18

    Sequel???

    Wow. I wonder what a sequel would be like. They would almost have to bring back the same kids to live together again. I don't think that it would have the same impact as the original. Personally, I don't want to see a sequel where the AK come and learn about new things. I would like to see a reunion/interview with the Amish kids and see what is going on with them now. It just seems so senseless for the producers at UPN to just leave all of the viewers up in the air about the lives of the Amish kids we grew to love. I have read the posts that say that Ruth and Marvin are together, but what are they doing? Ruth could not have gone to nurse's school without a GED could she? I want to know if she got that far. How are they making it in the real world? Did Jonas go to college and make it? Did he succeed or fail? What is he doing now? What about Miriam the woldliest of all of them. Did she meet someone? What is she doing now? Did Randy go really go back to the old town and work in construction without being influenced in anyway by his Amish upbringing? What about our favorite, Mose? I am really curious to see what is going on with them. I just can't find any closure in the series that many of us were so caught up in. I hope the UPN producers will think about it, or maybe another network will have a program like 20/20 or 60 Minutes interview them. I think there is so much more to the story that we who watched faithfully should be able to know. I think that there are some things about the AK that the producers don't want us to know. Hmmm. Yes, a sequel would be interesting but with the same kids. But, I bet there would be some Amish kids who have already made the decision to leave who would do it if the price was right.

  9. #19
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    14
    I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on what they're doing also. But we need to remember that, although this show ended a week ago, they finished taping it only almost 3 months ago. So I doubt that anyone has accomplished anything major yet, but that they're working on it.

  10. #20
    FORT Newbie libra2680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by sahm_Bev
    I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on what they're doing also. But we need to remember that, although this show ended a week ago, they finished taping it only almost 3 months ago. So I doubt that anyone has accomplished anything major yet, but that they're working on it.
    So give them a break good grief..everyone is so eager to find out what has happened after the show, which is natural but they are people just like us and maybe now that the show is done they want a little time to themselves. I don't think some people realize how big of a desicion this really is and it could take them years to decide. I miss the show too but I realize they really don't have an obligation to us to broadcast everything that is going on in their lives now that the show is over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.