+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So? Nu? Anyone heading back to the Amish?

I liked Mose best of all. What an interesting little man.

FORT Regular
    They had a big "This is what I learned" session, and everyone apparently left friends, or at least on friendly terms.

Okay...here's the score:
    Reese: plans on becoming Amish...just kidding!
    Jonas: doesn't plan on going back
    Randy: going home to work construction...might return if he fell in love with an Amish girl.
    Ruth: talked about going to nursing school, but would return to Amish if her boyfriend wanted to.
    Miriam: drat...I missed her decision! Anyone?
    Mose: probably won't return, but will live in the country.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    thanks for keeping me posted!!! i wish i could have seen it.

FORT Regular
    City kids score:

Reese: same as he was doing before...promoting?
    Whitney: plans on going to nursing school.
    Meagan: same as she was doing before...fashion
    Nick: staying in LA...I think he said with Meagan and Reese.
    Kevan: don't recall...
    Ariel: don't recall...sorry!

It was all kinda rapid-fire.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    wow ... so no one went back completely eh? i can't say that i'm surprised. if anyone went back, i would think mose would, but i'm glad he's not going either.

Mose isn't going back? Wow, I thought he would for sure.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie

yeah, it went really quickly

Quote Originally Posted by galliard
    City kids score:

Reese: same as he was doing before...promoting?
    Whitney: plans on going to nursing school.
    Meagan: same as she was doing before...fashion
    Nick: staying in LA...I think he said with Meagan and Reese.
    Kevan: don't recall...
    Ariel: don't recall...sorry!

It was all kinda rapid-fire.
    Reese: said he definitely wants to be an artist

Whitney: did say she was going to enroll in nursing school at the college they visited

Nick: staying in LA. . .he did say with Meagan and Reese (but I don't think he meant live with them (it wasn't too clear) I think he meant staying in the town--because when he hugged Meagan he told her she'd hear from him when they were saying bye

Kevan: said you always had to be working to improve yourself, he was surer of his goals, and now definitely was thinking of Law School

Ariel: ? -- said she'd learned a lot being there, everyone would have a place in her heart, and I think just left (without future mention) except not knowing how things would go with her and Nick (which Kristin at e!online says didn't go any further--she may have said sometimes thinks of college, but I am not sure

FORT Newbie

Finale to Amish in the City

This was an interesting series. I got caught up in it too much. Interesting that all the Amish kids didn't go back especially if they would risk not ever seeing their families again. Interesting, too, is the way that they immediately took to city life. Also interesting is that the Amish kids seemed so worldly from the beginning, compared to the Old Order Amish like most of them were from. It is nice that Jonas went on to college, and it is nice that Randy went back home, not to be Amish, but to be near his roots. Mose was a surprise, but from the beginning, I had the feeling that Miriam and Ruth had already decided not to go back. Some inconsistencies there.

As a Christian believer, it is hard for me to see these kids leave all that has been taught them for the world that they think is out there. They were only shown some of the " whimsical, different areas" . They were only shown the big city. Nothing wrong with being from a big city, but the majority of America is rural. It really bothered me that the Amish kids were so "ready" to go into the world and seek their fortune. Hmm. I wonder if some of them had already been in the world for a time before being "cast" for the show. I feel kind of duped, now. A true Chrisitian kid will explore, but most will follow their faith, whether Amish or Englisher. Amish in the City, now that I see it, is a little "contrived" to say the least. Too bad. I have always admired the simple life of the Amish and their way of living and giving up in order to be totally commited to their way of serving God. I still do, but I lost a lot of respect for the kids who I think were never going to return from the beginning now that I have seen it. Things just moved to quickly for anyone to make the kind of decision those Amish youth made, unless the decision had already been made and a nice Reality show is born, and profits go to UPN. Hmmmmm.

FORT Fogey
    I think it's great that most of the Amish kids have decided to stay away from the Amish for now.

Although I am intrigued by the lifestyle, I have difficulties in truly understanding the concept of living like they do for the sake of their religion. It seems driven by an irrational fear of the world around them. Although the Amish seem genuinely nice, (and I know this is generalization), they seem to stubbornly close-minded.
    Their focus seems to be "to be in the world, but not of it" but they ignore the command to "go ye therefore and baptise all nations...".

I can only assume that these Amish kids have come to the conclusion that they can still be Christians and yet be also be a part of the world around them. Good for them.

Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast