+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PJinNH
    oh the city kids are just so spoiled!
    That's the truth. They don't want to go because it might not be fun? I guess that makes the Amish kids a lot more grown up, because they are willing to step out of their comfort zone and try something new. I hope the CK are watching this and seeing how their behavior really looks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    *sigh*

I have never both liked a show and wanted it to be over so much at the same time. That episode was sickening to watch. I grew up on a farm and it is NOT THAT BAD. OK, shoveling manure and milking cows may take a little getting used to but it doesn't warrant 3 or 4 days of complaining.

I have to say that, I'm guessing everyone thinks Ariel's reaction to the pigs was nuts but I might have felt the same way. I try to be a nice quite vegetarian but sometimes things like that....

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Amish Technology

Quote Originally Posted by galliard
    SOLAR powered Amish farms? That seems like a loop hole or something. I thought they shunned technology, not just electricity.
    Actually it's what they see as the abuse and result of technology that the Amish reject....Tony Campolo a sociologist and writer described how he took one of his college classes to visit the Amish and the local Bishop told them that the Amish didn't see anything wrong with electricy per se and often use it in their barns, but they won't let it into their homes because they see it as destructive to the type of family life God wants them to have, changing natural work and sleeping paterns and fracturing family life as each person goes off to do/listen to/watch their own thing.....according to this Bishop the Amish didn't outright reject modern technology, they watched to see how it effected the life of the "English"....anyway that's one take on this issue.

Threadjack: Barefootdyke: I checked out the site you posted, it was sad/embarrassing and yet funny to me.....just want to add most Christians are embarrassed by that type of narrowminded foolishness mascarading as faith.....have you seen the movie Saved! it's a great send up of that type of thing....end threadjack

FORT Newbie
    Please make the CK's all go away! Except for Kevan. They make my head hurt. Whine, whine, whine............ and more whining. :rolleyes I would never go to someones house and act that badly. Just shut up and work. I was hoping that Mose would not have saved Reese from the bailer! It wold have at least shut him up if eh had fallen.acts different when he is around the CK's. When he was with Mose and Miriam he never bitched. get him around Nick the Dick. totally different person. Tha's sad because I think there is a good person inside Reese. I think there might be hope for Whiney too. But was that turnaround real?? I wonder. I want to marry Jonas. The way he put (Areola?? Hmmm? Isn't that a nipple? Oh well it kinda fits! Was great. How can she think she knows everything just by going to a lecture?? lame. I liked how they put her in her place. She was dead wrong. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Tuscadero
    Where was Kevan this week? Did they tell us and I missed it?
    I only got to see the first half before leaving to pick my daughter up at church, but I also only saw Meagan once - and it was just a brief glance, at that. It seemed to me like the camera was purposefully staying away from a couple of them. What was up with that?

Also, can anyone give me a two sentence recap of Ruth and her boyfriend? Is he on Rumspringa also, or is he still living the Amish life? And, did Jonas get his G.E.D. results??

Thanks!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    Also, can anyone give me a two sentence recap of Ruth and her boyfriend? Is he on Rumspringa also, or is he still living the Amish life? And, did Jonas get his G.E.D. results??

Thanks!
    Ruth said something about "if he (Marvin) went back to the Amish, then she would too, because she loves him that much." That leads one to believe Marvin is, indeed, on rumspringa. Jonas got the results at the very end. He opened it and...in true TV fashion, we're left waiting for next week to see the results.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PJinNH
    Go Jonas!!
    Do you mean how he got on Ariel's case regarding commercial dairy operations? Why I agree that Ariel can be annoying when she gets on her vegan soap box, she seemed to be stating that the milking cows by hand, as the Amish do, was preferable versus how most large commercial operations do it. She was absolutely right about how most commercial dairy companies milk the cows, so I think Jonas was off the mark in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by galliard
    I will say this...if Whitney actually came up with that thought (about returning the respect) on her own, then maybe there's some hope for her yet.
    Agreed.

Gotta admit, I had to suck it up and give Whit props tonight.

Except for her and Kevan, I found the rest of the CK's absolutely disgusting, tonight.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by effluvial
    Do you mean how he got on Ariel's case regarding commercial dairy operations? Why I agree that Ariel can be annoying when she gets on her vegan soap box, she seemed to be stating that the milking cows by hand, as the Amish do, was preferable versus how most large commercial operations do it. She was absolutely right about how most commercial dairy companies milk the cows, so I think Jonas was off the mark in this case.

agreed. Hey Jon-ass, she was kind of being complimentary there, chief.... and yup she's right, even if he didn't want to hear it. :phhht

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

FORT Newbie
    Does anybody know why the men and women of Schmucker family seem to dress differently in regards to the women wearing more traditional clothing and Mr. Schmucker looking like he's wearing more contemporary clothing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast