+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Personally I'm hoping Jonas will do something next week. He's verbally the most gifted of the Amish kids, and I do get the impression that he's also smarter than the city kids.

You know what really surprises me... It's been mentioned several times that the reason the Amish wore plain clothes was because it was humble and sober, because pride was something frowned upon...

...but Mose, he's proud of what he's made and he prides himself on being an inventor.

FORT Fogey
    It's Reese's hypocracy that really gets me. He goes into this saying he wants people to accept him for who he is... and has spent his entire time in the house trying to change the Amish people.
    I think it's fine to call someone out for doing something wrong. But they are calling them out for just being different. That's stupid, plain and simple.
    I didn't think much of the Amish calling Ariel a bitch either. I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're way better than the cks

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Also, with the city girls not helping the males while they were camping - I don't really see much of a problem with that. They're girls and you know, if you're going camping with a group of your friends, it's usually the guys who set up and take down camp and the girls do their own thing anyway. Yes, the girls could have helped and it would have been nice if they did, but that is not surprising to me at all and I don't really hold that against them since that's how it usually goes anyway, in my experience at least. I know that I wouldn't have been offended if I were there and the girls didn't help.

Unless their bones were brittle, i will not excuse lazy people. I guess maybe even the handicapped would rather carry their own things but they'd have a real reason.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well I'm sorry I would rather hang out with the city kids. :rolleyes

Watch as they cut you down too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    It's Reese's hypocracy that really gets me. He goes into this saying he wants people to accept him for who he is... and has spent his entire time in the house trying to change the Amish people.
    I think it's fine to call someone out for doing something wrong. But they are calling them out for just being different. That's stupid, plain and simple.
    I didn't think much of the Amish calling Ariel a bitch either. I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're way better than the cks
    This show is about the Amish going to live with the city kids. So big deal if Reese is trying to change the Amish. If they didn't want to change to at least try to live a different way, this show shouldn't have been made. It isn't the city kids going to live with the Amish - and I bet the city kids would be a lot more respectful if they're in that sort of situation.

I have absolutely no sympathy for them because this is what they signed up for. Maybe it wasn't what they expected but regardless they still gave their signature.

I also don't see why everyone likes Kevan so much, besides the fact that he's nice to the Amish. The city kids don't really like him so who else does he have to hang out with? Plus he seems like he gets violent when he's mad and I don't know why everyone thinks thats such a good thing. No one seems to even remember what he did to Ariel which is something I think is strange because it's ruder than what the city kids have done to the Amish IMO.

Does it not matter because it's the city kids doing it to each other? Or because "we" (general we) like Kevan because he seems the closest to the Amish and the city kids talk bad about Kevan too?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Watch as they cut you down too.
    We'd probably be friends the next day anyway. And like you've never cut a friend down that you're mad at. :rolleyes In the real world I can pick my friends better than that but in this situation I would much rather be with the city kids.

No, I care about my friends. If their is a misconception we're big enough to talk things out. I'll leave the childish behavior to those who are too ignorant to know any better.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    No, I care about my friends. If their is a misconception we're big enough to talk things out. I'll leave the childish behavior to those who are too ignorant to know any better.
    For some reason I don't think these people are going to remain very close. :rolleyes It's a TV show not Myspace.

FORT Fogey
    Anonymous- I think the Amish came on this show to experience new things and have new experiences... but not to change who they are.
    And I still believe that Reese telling them to "be real" when they are just being themselves is ridiculous. Just because they are different them him doesn't make them "unreal".
    Last edited by Amanda; 08-30-2004 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast