+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    Okay fair enough. I was just remembering more of the episode where Whitney made a stink about the Amish kids not cleaning up. (OK maybe I went back and read the recap again ). Last night, it seemed like she was getting worked up over someone else having the nerve to ask her to do what she's yelled at others for not doing in the past. whatever..

Did any of the city kids help clean with Mose's list? I can't remember if they showed them.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

FORT Fan
    And what's up with re-playing the Mose & his beany stick episode half way through? Are they running out of material?

I actually liked Nick a little more this time. Maybe because he doesn't just "go along to get along" but is not obnoxious about it.

FORT Newbie
    The three who didn't help clean were Reese, Whitney,and Meagan. All the others pitched in.

I was totally cracking up over Mose's comment after the Nick and Ariel interlude that he wondered if they found an organic way to do it. The comment took a few minutes for me to figure it out, but when I got it, I was rolling.

Mose was..as usual..witty and funny as shiat! I can't remember who said it earlier in the thread, but s/he said they didn't like Mose's "she's still a virgin" comment.
    Mose said something to the effect of "She's using being a virgin to trap him". or something like that. That's why he thought she was a bitch.

Whitney can just backdown already.. she's an arsehole. Thinks her opinions are tried-n-true. Hypocrite.

Reese. Oy vay. Can't stand this guy anymore..at first I thought he was a cutie...now I think he's just a flamboyant gay-bully. Too bad this show doesn't have any eliminations.

Aria (vegan), boy did she get on my LAST NERVE when she was sitting outside talking to whatshisname!! The whole time she was rubbing, licking, stroking her lips and basically tasting her scalp with that banana clip!!! G.R.O.S.S.!
    So immature.

Kevan. He's super improving in my eyes. He's finally DONE with his touchy-feely games with whatshername! I'm SO glad. What happened anyway? Did they fight? Did I miss an episode explaining why they're enemies now?
    Anyway..whatever happened, it opened his eyes. Especially with the Amish
    His explaination of why he didn't do the spa thingy was funny. "I already did that. I got dirty, then I showered".. Why am I gonna do it on purpose?" something like that.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    The show repeats on Friday. I don't know the time, though.

It airs at 8pm since it's followed up by The player i think. :phhht
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Of course the barbecue was staged, all of a sudden they were just having a a family get together? My a**. LOL I guess ill have more tos ay once i see the ep.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Kevan. He's super improving in my eyes. He's finally DONE with his touchy-feely games with whatshername! I'm SO glad. What happened anyway? Did they fight? Did I miss an episode explaining why they're enemies now?
    Anyway..whatever happened, it opened his eyes. Especially with the Amish
    His explaination of why he didn't do the spa thingy was funny. "I already did that. I got dirty, then I showered".. Why am I gonna do it on purpose?" something like that.
    Kevan and Reese had that fight in the 1st or 2nd episode where Reese slapped Kevan with his sock. Kevan put him on the ground. But they made up after that. The problems between them picked up again when Kevan said all the city kids were spoiled a couple episodes ago. I forget what they did to make him say that. But ever since then, trouble has been brewing.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Of course the barbecue was staged, all of a sudden they were just having a a family get together? My a**. LOL I guess ill have more tos ay once i see the ep.

i won't argue that the family gathering wasn't staged, but it is a very big cultural thing in the african american population to have big family gatherings quite often. some families have reunions every year with hundreds of people coming, they rent a park, they all have t-shirts printed, etc. this is something i've never seen with caucasions (sp?). i work in a substance abuse treatment program and one huge difference i've seen in the races is the family bonds. very often the caucasion guys have no one ... they've burned all of their bridges and their families have disowned them. but while the african americans have done all of the same criminal behaviors, their family still sticks by them ... especially mama. and you woudln't believe the guilt these guys feel for hurtting mama like they did. but mama still loves them.

so anyway .... the family gathering might have been staged in that it was planned for them to just happen to be having it when the kids stopped by, but gatherings like that are not uncommon in that culture.

In Canada, we just got this episode tonight. I really enjoyed it. I'm liking the city kids less and less each episode. Except Kevan, he's a good guy. Gotta love Mose though. I think he and Randy will end up going back to the Amish, and maybe Ruth.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    I'm not sure about Mose, but I think Randy will go back to be sure.

And if Ruth goes back so will Jonas.
    I can't believe everyone is talking about the Nick/Ariel pair up when I feel the best moment of the night was Jonas letting Ruth know he had feelings for her.
    He nervously rocked back on the floor as he asked if she was going back to the Amish and then said, loosely quoted, "when you go back, I'm coming." The look of surprise on her face and was so cute! And the sweet smile he had when she stated "I'll be sure to let you know..."
    Loves it! What a great pair they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast