+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Amish In The City Fake?

Lea
    I read something somewhere that Jonas is not that kids real name that he had changed it. Do Amish people change their names, or is this kid an actor. Il have to find the link that gave his other name.

No Lea he did not change his name...Jonas is his real name and he is not an actor either. I don't know Jonas personally but I know of him through a friend and he's definitely an AK.

Lea

Is Amish in the city fake?

www.tvtome.com lists Jonas's birth name as Kevin Kleeman and his birthplace Peoria IL. Maybe there is more than on Jonas P. Kurtz?

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    www.tvtome.com lists Jonas's birth name as Kevin Kleeman and his birthplace Peoria IL. Maybe there is more than on Jonas P. Kurtz?
    I searched that site and the only thing I found was that he is playing the show as himself.....Believe me it is his real name. I grew up in the same community as Jonas did and know of his family. Jonas Kurtz is his real name.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I'm sure that they re-shot the scene (especially considering that it's pretty hard to film someone drowning and know what's going on), but I definitely don't doubt that they just made it up. They probably just re-shot it so that they would have some footage that they could use, since they didn't get it that well the first time around.
    I have a friend who is a lifeguard at Huntington Beach which was the beach they were at and she says one of her collegues was told what was going to happen and he should go in and appear to be saving him....so yes this was staged.....perhaps earlier the guy did look like he was going to be afraid of the ocean and the producers came up with the idea from that but I do now the drowning incident was staged. I didn't see it on tv so I have no idea how much footage they showed of the lifeguard.

emi
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by libra2680
    I searched that site and the only thing I found was that he is playing the show as himself.....Believe me it is his real name. I grew up in the same community as Jonas did and know of his family. Jonas Kurtz is his real name.
    After the tvtome addy, put this: tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-311109/

Keep in mind that tvtome is compiled by editors, who are volunteer real people who sometimes make mistakes. I've seen a number of errors there over the last few years, even though they're pretty decent at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa
    I have a friend who is a lifeguard at Huntington Beach which was the beach they were at and she says one of her collegues was told what was going to happen and he should go in and appear to be saving him....so yes this was staged.....perhaps earlier the guy did look like he was going to be afraid of the ocean and the producers came up with the idea from that but I do now the drowning incident was staged. I didn't see it on tv so I have no idea how much footage they showed of the lifeguard.
    Ariel was the one who "rescued" Mose (she's the one who took him out there and didn't warn him of the undertow). Later, a lifeguard came over and took Mose back out into the water to overcome his fear.
    "I want a chicken, Eddy!"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie2770
    Ariel was the one who "rescued" Mose (she's the one who took him out there and didn't warn him of the undertow). Later, a lifeguard came over and took Mose back out into the water to overcome his fear.
    Whether Mose was really in danger of drowning or not, I tend to believe that he thought so. Certainly, one can drown in what would seem to some people rather innocuous circumstances. So far, any "evidence" that the incident was staged is purely anecdotal ("I heard from a friend of a friend"...etc.). I am inclined to believe that they may have done a re-creation of the event for the cameras, though. Maybe I'm being naive, but Mose doesn't seem like the type that would perpetrate such a blatant falsehood.

I think it was that they didn't get the right camera shot of the incident, so it was reinacted. The producer of Survivor admitted to doing that, so I guess others feel entitled to do the same.
    "I want a chicken, Eddy!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast